SCR Unannounced downtime

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
I wanted to apologize for any inconvenience for the unexpected downtime we experienced for the last 36 hours. Turned out, we used up all our resources and so the hosting company decided to take us down without warning. I ended moving us to a bigger server and different hosting company. The move took longer than expected. To move 10 years worth of information and pictures was a tedious task. Hopefully the new server will be able to accommodate the growing community for years to come. We are still working out the kinks today but for the most part we should be functional :top:

I was jonesing for my socalireefs fix and rushed into mrhappys post of crazy hairy arctic Graboid. Yikes! I should look before I leap.

Kagolch

Premium Member
Supporter
Great to have SCR back! Would backing up to an S3 bucket on AWS allow you to restore quicker if the site ever goes down like that again? Not sure if it would be cost prohibitive in this case though.

Last edited:
Well thanks a lot, now my rent is late!! Bump.... :laugh: hope we have a lot of room for those now, bump-a-palooza this weekend!!

Latest posts