Bean Animal overflow suggeation

I'm trying to fix my bean animal plumbing because it never worked quite right. Below is the design I want.to do with the very same plumbing. My only uncertainty would be the height of the open channel (left) vs. The emergency drain (middle). My overflow box is 8 inches high. The ideal water height i want to run it as is 6" as this makes the overflow silent.

Can anyone suggest the height of the emergency drain and open channel?

Pictures below...

The height of your emergency should be at the bottom of your weir.

To be honest, if you have an external overflowbox (or internal) and your sump cam handle the excess water. I would eliminate the stand pipe on the main drain and be done with it. Since you have 2 main drain, i would add a gate valve to one and leave the other wide open. You can thank me later, with a wrasse as a consultation fee.

The height of your emergency should be at the bottom of your weir.

To be honest, if you have an external overflowbox (or internal) and your sump cam handle the excess water. I would eliminate the stand pipe on the main drain and be done with it. Since you have 2 main drain, i would add a gate valve to one and leave the other wide open. You can thank me later, with a wrasse as a consultation fee.
The main drain is a full siphon, with a valve in the right hand side.

Everything looks good to me. As James said the emergency should be at the bottom of the weir. You may have to play with the height of the secondary drain to eliminate splashing from the water going through the weir. And you don't really need the elbows on the drains. Open pipes work pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[MENTION=6028]Fly5150[/MENTION], heard you are done with corals and migrating over to chickens..