Help meee!!

What's going on with him. Why is there a white spot on him. Should I QT he still eats like a pig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tang will stress out and develop ich or velvet which is very common. If you have a QT tank do so if not I would get a cleaner shrimp or cleaner wrasse to take care of the parasites before it is full blown.

I would leave him alone. Trying to catch him will only cause more stress. Try to add some vitamins to his diet, like selcon or kens zoe. Soak the food and add to the tank. The vitamins will not cure ich, but will boost the immune system.

I have said this 1000 times. Purples are ich magnets. If he is eating, don't stress it.

If he stops eating, that's another story. Putting him in QT would probably stress him more and exasperate the problem.

It's it the big white patch then that looks like it got stung by your nem. Should be fine in a couple days.

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
It's it the big white patch then that looks like it got stung by your nem. Should be fine in a couple days.
What he said my tangs get it all the time for being noobs lol he should be fine...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Excellent advice here! I don't personally see any Ich, but also wouldn't over-react. I dose vitamin C daily, excellent immunity booster. Selcon soaking is another great additive. Don't stress him by catching and QTing at this point. Bost everyone's immune system. If, within the next couple weeks, you see Ich multiply at all, consider starting treatment with Hikari Ich X. they have a reef safe formula consisting of formaldehyde 3%. I treat at a half dose for twice the treatment period. I will kill lifecycles off of the fish. It's not a so-called cure, but it works amazing, and much less stressful that cathing and QTing.

Currently I am using fishkeeper n soaking pellets reef plus so I hope this works but definitely great advice

Tey have another product a friend of mine uses, I don't recall the name though. He says he's had success with it. I personally have only used Hikari Ich X, with total success. For now, at least for the next 1-2 weeks, keep soaking food in vitanims, Selcon does help, and start dosing your tank with vitamin C every day. I've been doing it for years now. It really does help the fish's immune systems, as well as coral health. I learned about it years ago. I haven't had a sick fish even in some terrible situations. It's not magic, it's just allowing the fish the ability to fight off the "common flu".

Tey have another product a friend of mine uses, I don't recall the name though. He says he's had success with it. I personally have only used Hikari Ich X, with total success. For now, at least for the next 1-2 weeks, keep soaking food in vitanims, Selcon does help, and start dosing your tank with vitamin C every day. I've been doing it for years now. It really does help the fish's immune systems, as well as coral health. I learned about it years ago. I haven't had a sick fish even in some terrible situations. It's not magic, it's just allowing the fish the ability to fight off the "common flu".
Where would I get vitamin C?