Rapid LED: True Violet vs Hyper Violet. Whats the big difference?

Whats the difference besides the difference wavelenght ranges.

True Violet is 400-410 nm

Hyper Violet is 420 - 430 nm

I'm planning on a building a long led strip to supplement my ATI fixture. Not for growth but to pop the colors when the t5s are off. Maybe even give more colors while the t5s are on.

It's a 72 inch tank, 60 inch ATI 8 bulb.

How many LEDs would I need?

Thanks

One every 3-4" should be sufficient. But why violet? You should use royal blue if you want pop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a mixture of cool blue, royal blue, and violet would be a pretty decent combo. And if you set them each on dimmable drivers, you can manipulate it to your pleasure. I built royal blue LED strips before and while they make the corals pop, I didn't like the overly dark actinic look they gave out. But when you add some cool blue, you can create that Kessil A360 actinic look that isn't as dark as royal blues alone. So for me, I like a hint of cool blue.

If you want to pick up good violets, check out ledgroupbuy.com. They're 430nm which is the desired peak.

OR...If you don't want to DIY to that extent, check out Dave a NanoBox who makes actinic strips that he often retrofits into fixtures.

If it's for visual, I would do 420 - 430 nm

Your eyes are not going to be able to see below that, so it's really for the corals.

One every 3-4" should be sufficient. But why violet? You should use royal blue if you want pop.

Hey Matt. Thnks for the response!

I was thinking violet would give it some different colors in the pop haha. A 72 inch led would probably be around 36 leds. I assumed they had to be within 1 inch of each other lol

I think a mixture of cool blue, royal blue, and violet would be a pretty decent combo. And if you set them each on dimmable drivers, you can manipulate it to your pleasure. I built royal blue LED strips before and while they make the corals pop, I didn't like the overly dark actinic look they gave out. But when you add some cool blue, you can create that Kessil A360 actinic look that isn't as dark as royal blues alone. So for me, I like a hint of cool blue.

If you want to pick up good violets, check out ledgroupbuy.com. They're 430nm which is the desired peak.

OR...If you don't want to DIY to that extent, check out Dave a NanoBox who makes actinic strips that he often retrofits into fixtures.
Thanks for the response!

I wish I had a way to learn towards when it comes to colors from LEDs. I like the royal blue and the violets, but really haven't had much expected with other led spectrums lol.

I ended up going with a BML XB Super Actinic led strip. I actually got 2 of them lol

The BML led strip has all three colors you mentioned. Going to go get them and install this weekend hopefully.

Hey Matt. Thnks for the response!

I was thinking violet would give it some different colors in the pop haha. A 72 inch led would probably be around 36 leds. I assumed they had to be within 1 inch of each other lol
Gotcha. I've always been happy with all royal blues. I've built 3 different fixtures, and the RB always gave it the most pop. Just look at reefbrites...post some pics of the new strips you picked up.

I don't use all that much violet in my setup. Just a little. Kind of dark in itself