Theiling Roller Mat

Anyone use this?? Good or bad. All the cool reefer's tanks that I've seen in the many years and not once have I've seen this roller mat in action. When you change out the roller how do you remove the old fleece?? I can't imagine you have to unroll all the nasty fleece. TIA

Anyone use this?? Good or bad. All the cool reefer's tanks that I've seen in the many years and not once have I've seen this roller mat in action. When you change out the roller how do you remove the old fleece?? I can't imagine you have to unroll all the nasty fleece. TIA
It's a good idea, but the flow is so low it's kind of unusable. 200-600gph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've considered this after dealing with filter socks, but instead, I just made a filter floss tray where I place a sheet of filter floss across my 3 4" sock tray where the water drains onto the filter floss and I change it out once a week. No washing. Just slip on a new one. I ghetto rigged this with egg crate, but I will have John build me one in my next sump. I found this the easiest way to keep my water clear and my sup free of detritus.

It's rated for about ~600gph. Anything above that works, but it will use up the roll very quickly.

basically the idea is when the fleece get clogged, the trapped water will force the roller to spin, rolling the dirty fleece up. The dirty part stays above the water line so it won't break down any further. In the end, just take out the dirty roll and hook on a new one.

They are ideal for smaller tanks. I have mined connected to a Jebao DC pump. It sits in its own sump section right after the filter socks. My idea is any detritus that goes out of the socks get trapped in the Rollermat section, with minimal amount crossing over to the next section, which is the skimmer. And if i go on vacation, I will remove the filter socks and leave the roller on.

Ive seen a few others on the horizon so I wouldnt purchase the first one personally. Cool idea though.

I didnt run socks for 5 years except on occassion, so not sure I would use this either haha