WTB : Shrooms in South OC

If you're in south OC and have any shrooms for sale HMU. I'm not looking for the common blue, red, or superman discosoma. PM or text pic and price. (949)295-3772. I'm attaching a couple pics of a ccouple old faves someone might still have floating around.
Purple Tip Hairy Shroom.jpg Purple Blue Tip Hairy Frilly Shroom.jpg

Fizzman

Those are sick Miguel. What are they called?

I have these mushrooms, the picture doesn't do them justice. Can I get an ID for them too 2017-02-14_22.26.20.jpg

organism

2020 POTM
I have no clue, everything's got a bunch of names these days and it's so hard to keep track haha. Yours are probably bleached superman rhodactis.

Fizzman

[MENTION=6947]innerspark[/MENTION] I don't think it's bleached. I bought it from a lfs It's a rock from the ocean I think. The reason I think so is cuz there are black clams on there that are still alive. All of them. Also, the ones on the underside of the rocks are the same colors(slightly more brown) . And all of the ones on the rock are consistent color. The picture isn't as good as in person. It has a florescent orange rim, a little bit of orange on the cap, and has a florescent light green shade on top of the white flesh

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
[MENTION=6947]innerspark[/MENTION] I don't think it's bleached. I bought it from a lfs It's a rock from the ocean I think. The reason I think so is cuz there are black clams on there that are still alive. All of them. Also, the ones on the underside of the rocks are the same colors(slightly more brown) . And all of the ones on the rock are consistent color. The picture isn't as good as in person. It has a florescent orange rim, a little bit of orange on the cap, and has a florescent light green shade on top of the white flesh
I did not say they got bleached?

Fizzman

I just got them shroom. How do I test the theory if they are bleached or if that's the natural color? [MENTION=127]bustayanky[/MENTION]

I just got them shroom. How do I test the theory if they are bleached or if that's the natural color? [MENTION=127]bustayanky[/MENTION]
where do you have it located in your tank? low, medium, high light? I would try lower light and wait to see if it starts to color up.

Bleached in our hobby means its lost its color (zooxanthellae algae) which is why they look clear / white. They bleach from stress... light change... parameter change... etc.

I agree, give them less light and see what happens.

Last edited:

Fizzman

Bleached in our hobby means its lost its color (zooxanthellae algae) which is why they look clear / white. They bleach from stress... light change... parameter change... etc.

I agree, give them less light and see what happens.
They are low right now. But that's what I'm saying. I don't think they are bleached because the rock they are on is flat, and the shroom on the underside of the rock is of a consistent color. Slightly more browned, but surely that's because it's not getting as much light. Isn't it possible that white is its color? Zooxanthal is brown but when I see sps or something bleach it not only loses its brown but also loses all other colors. This shroom is white but still has all of its accent colors. It literally looks like normal minus the base color. I'm sure I'd I deprive it of light it will turn more brown because the extra Zooxanthal will show in the white more, but from the looks of it, at normal shroom position its a white shroom with accent colors. The accent colors are pretty vivid too.

They are low right now. But that's what I'm saying. I don't think they are bleached because the rock they are on is flat, and the shroom on the underside of the rock is of a consistent color. Slightly more browned, but surely that's because it's not getting as much light. Isn't it possible that white is its color? Zooxanthal is brown but when I see sps or something bleach it not only loses its brown but also loses all other colors. This shroom is white but still has all of its accent colors. It literally looks like normal minus the base color. I'm sure I'd I deprive it of light it will turn more brown because the extra Zooxanthal will show in the white more, but from the looks of it, at normal shroom position its a white shroom with accent colors. The accent colors are pretty vivid too.
Only time will tell.

I have some bleached superman and not bleached ones. The unbleached ones are on the sand and the bleached ones are higher and get too much light (have to move them to another tank). They should color up if they are happy after a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fizzman

I have some bleached superman and not bleached ones. The unbleached ones are on the sand and the bleached ones are higher and get too much light (have to move them to another tank). They should color up if they are happy after a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your bleached supermans, do they still have accent colors or are they all white? Can u post pics please?

Latest posts