What did you do on a power out..

Last night was my first power out with my fish tank..The wife was all over the place helping keep temp up..

This is what we did to help the tank..

When to ellis aquatis and got a battery air pump i dont know if one would work but it did the job i have a 90g reef. I thing i would get a 2nd for next time...

To keep temp up we got water bottes and put hot water and place them inside the tank.. also when to radio shack and got a power inverter and took the car battery got my heater on for about 3-4 hrs.. power was out from 3pm to 1am luckly everything is great..

It would be nice to know what have you guys done to keep you tank up after a power out...

Attachments

I have my tunze 6040 on a UPS and a generator just in case power is out more than 8hrs. I'll crank up the gas heater in the house to keep ambient temp around 75 too.

I have a 150gal sps tank and My power has been out since 3pm yesterday and still out, had two ice cap battery back ups on return pump and Grye 150 until I got home at 7pm and fired up my Honda eu2000i generator. The generator has been running for over 12 hours now, don't skimp out and not bye a generator, I would have lost battery back up and started to freak out ...

I dont have space here where i live for a generater that would have been my first option... plus i could not put it out side because of the rain..

wilson

Premium Member
Supporter
Better idea go to bed and wait untill power gets back lol

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
My power went out for a good 5 hrs and fortunately I had my mp40 running off a battery backup. I was close to running to HD to buy a generator.

That gas is a great idea but wife is scare the house would get on fire lol
I really would be more concern about the car battery over the furnace due to the pilot light. Also the fumes that the car battery release could be an issue indoors.

Generator will be my first choice but if that's not an option I will use the invertor with my car running and have an extension cord from my car to the tank. Last option battery air pump and go to sleep.

Zik

I know powerheads are very important to keep going. What would you do (besides generator / car inverter) for heating?
Both if you're home vs if you're not.

Latest posts