blue star leopard wrasse missing

so i recently bought 3 blue star leopard wrasses, qt them for 2 weeks and were eating pods and slowly started to eat frozen mysis and brine. so i put them into the dt and they were hiding for a few days then they started to come out during the lights were on and were eating really well fed them extra pods when they were out to graze. then out of no where they all disappeared, didnt see them at night or early morning. checked everywhere around the tank and found nothing, then one day i saw one in the corner looking kind of startled tried to feed it and it ate a little bit, then next day it was gone again. its been about 2-3 weeks. has anyone had wrasses just randomly show up weeks or months later??

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
so i recently bought 3 blue star leopard wrasses, qt them for 2 weeks and were eating pods and slowly started to eat frozen mysis and brine. so i put them into the dt and they were hiding for a few days then they started to come out during the lights were on and were eating really well fed them extra pods when they were out to graze. then out of no where they all disappeared, didnt see them at night or early morning. checked everywhere around the tank and found nothing, then one day i saw one in the corner looking kind of startled tried to feed it and it ate a little bit, then next day it was gone again. its been about 2-3 weeks. has anyone had wrasses just randomly show up weeks or months later??
Ive seen some take weeks to come out, was someone bothering them? Some come out for like 5 min and if they don't see food they just go back and dive in.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

All three were getting along with all my other fish for about a week, they were minding their own business just grazing for pods.

Any power outages? I've had all my Leopards die when the power was out even with an air pump on. If they don't get enough flow at night I suspect they don't get enough oxygen in the sand

Welp.. rip found one dead this morning, crabs had an expensive meal. Should i slowly move sand around checking for the other two?

If they are alive they will come out. Don't go digging for them. Sometimes they can take a few weeks to acclimate and come out, but honestly its not always the best sign. Fingers crossed for you.