Fishnugget's Elos 160XL

What is brown dust algae.? Im interested, as I think I know what you are referring too

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
I guess its either diatoms or dino's. Its hard to classify. Also, had some hair algae that I killed with Hydrogen Peroxide.

I pretty much run the same water mixing station like you. Those boiler stands look nice. I might look into doing the same.

Yeah, they sell them at Home Depot. Just make sure you paint them with RustBullet because they are galvanized steel and any kind of acrylic paint will not adhere. However, Rustbullet makes them waterproof. I pint of Rustbullet is all you need for one stand.

All Delight

Here you go Sir,

Order Details
Item Details Ship Via Qty Price
Ace Roto Mold Rectangle Utility Tank SP0055-MM - 17210640 UPS Ground 2 $241.94
Subtotal: $241.94
Tax: $0.00
Discount: $0.00
Shipping: $27.22
Order Total: $269.16
Where did you buy them from? The places I found shipping is over $100 each container.

Fishnugget

Where did you buy them from? The places I found shipping is over $100 each container.
I bought it off RuralKing.com, I live in Indio, Ca.

What a meticulous and gorgeous build. Jealous and impressed with your skills and patience
Thanks, its coming along. Right now I got some brown hair algae but I see it slowly fading away.

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
I have finished completing most of my 40 breeder transfer of inhabitants to my Elos 160XL. I added an Aqua UV 57 watt sterilizer to help with algae/water clarity. Since I have turned it on about 12 hrs + I have not noticed a difference with water clarity. My water was already clear to begin with I believe from N0POX. I will report any results. It does make my sump look a bit more cluttered with the tubing, I may buy red or hard plumb to make it look cleaner, any suggestions welcome.

I did lose a Copper Band Butterfly, my Potters Angel kept harassing it. I had purposely left my blue tang in the 40 breeder to keep it from harassing the CBB but the Potters assumed that role. I decided I may hold off on a CBB. I have added a yellow coris wrasse, blue cleaner wrasse, and decided to add the blue tang back in. I will probably purchase a red flame hawk fish when I can find one. My Calcium Reactor Geo 618 or 624 (can't tell) is also online.

I still need my light fixture and still need to clean up the wires. I am waiting for my Royal Exclusive Controller pump holder to clean up the wires.

As I am typing we almost had an outage, dope! (that can't be good for my UV lamp)

Here are some pics of my UV Sterilizer mounted it seems a lot of people don't post pics of this. I bought the hangers at Lowes and were much cheaper than the 15 dollar clips aqua UV sells.

Wow one of the cleanest setup I've seen in a while. You are definitely doing the Elos tank justice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your welcome

Super nice setup. Will love to see how it progresses. What are your stocking plans for more fish, corals?
You know, yes more fish. I had a bad ick outbreak. Every time their is a change in weather my Tang takes a hit and bounces back. This time, it was really bad and in the process spread to my Regal Angel, Royal Gramma, and Onyx Clowns. I lost all these fish. :(

The most devastating was my Onyx Clownfish, I had them for at least 7 years and they were breeding. I think my flamehawk fish was stressing them out by swimming in their area. It sucks because I thought they would do better but I think the new environment and hawkfish stressed them out.

So, yes, I will have to find another nice pair of onyx clownfish. I'll stay away from the Regal Angelfish and possibly add some bimaculatus anthias. They are nice looking.

I even slowed the flow rate of my UV and it did nothing for ick. My cleaner shrimps also died or were killed.

For corals, the tank will be mainly SPS dominant but I do like some LPS such as frogspawn, chalices, the more colorful zoanthids,and recordeas.

Wow one of the cleanest setup I've seen in a while. You are definitely doing the Elos tank justice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks trying to get there, little by little. This hobby is expensive and all those reef raft sps can put a hurt on your wallet. :)

Your welcome

You know, yes more fish. I had a bad ick outbreak. Every time their is a change in weather my Tang takes a hit and bounces back. This time, it was really bad and in the process spread to my Regal Angel, Royal Gramma, and Onyx Clowns. I lost all these fish. :(

The most devastating was my Onyx Clownfish, I had them for at least 7 years and they were breeding. I think my flamehawk fish was stressing them out by swimming in their area. It sucks because I thought they would do better but I think the new environment and hawkfish stressed them out.

So, yes, I will have to find another nice pair of onyx clownfish. I'll stay away from the Regal Angelfish and possibly add some bimaculatus anthias. They are nice looking.

I even slowed the flow rate of my UV and it did nothing for ick. My cleaner shrimps also died or were killed.

For corals, the tank will be mainly SPS dominant but I do like some LPS such as frogspawn, chalices, the more colorful zoanthids,and recordeas.

Sorry to hear about the loss, hate losing fish but this means you get to restock! set up is looking amazing though.

Fishnugget

Your welcome

Sorry to hear about the loss, hate losing fish but this means you get to restock! set up is looking amazing though.
Thanks honeycombz! :)

Fishnugget

5 Month Update

5 Month Update

Algae is 90% gone from rocks. The Chaeto Macro Algae helped a lot and stabilized my tank. Snails are also good at that as well. I did start to grow some cyano recently but that was probably because of my negligence in performing a water change for 2 months. I wanted to see how long I could go before things turned ugly. :)

I added a bunch of frags thanks to some local reefers and still have plenty of room for more. Here are a few I can list off the top of my head....

JKR Joe Rainbow
PC Rainbow
Red Dragon
Shades of Fall
Yellow Carolina
Oregon Blue Tort
Vivids Rainbow Delight
Vivids Confetti
ORA Red Planet
ORA Pearlberry
Yellow/Green Humilis
ASD Strawberry Wine Acro
TGC Tropic Thunder Monti
Blue Bonsai
Strawberry Shortcake
$500 efflorescence
Vivids Tequila Sunrise
Green Anarcopora
Reef Raft The Vinh
ASD Sweet Tort
Reeftech Monti
Sunset Milli
Blue Tenius
Reef Raft Biohazard

Here is my attempt at taking photos with the Sony a7 + 50mm Lens. I need to buy a macro lens and figure out how to set the white balance. If anyone has any suggestions I am all ears. I had to fix the colors on most of my pics because they came out too blue straight from the camera. Also, will start to shoot in RAW.

Please excuse the wire mess, I have not cleaned them up. Its impossible with my baby. :)

On to the pics.....I have some small dinky frags that hopefully turn to colonies one day.

I added this Chaeto about one month ago and its has tripled in size.

Still running the UV but I have my doubts about it.

Vivids Tequila Sunrise has pink tips an orange bright body and green base. Its very hard to capture the colors but its one of the brightest sps in the tank. It has a lot of potential and I can't wait for it to grow.
This is back in May

June 2017

ASD Sweet Tort

Red Dragon

Pearlberry, I sometimes think I don't have the pearlberry because mine looks different than others. Also, its a fast grower, this colony started as a small frag and exploded in the ELOS tank.

Here is a pic in May 2017

June 2017

Red Planet

Humilis, Pearlberry in background, TGC Tropic Thunder Monti and ASD Strawberry Wine

Vivids Confetti Acro, this has lots of potential and it is rainbow colored. The frag lost some of its color in this pic but it has about five different colors when I saw the colony pic. The were different colors starting from the base. I got a little carried away with the glue but thats because my turbo snails knock everything over. It is a ridiculous piece! I am glad to be the owner of it. Vivid has a huge colony of it in their 1000 gallon display tank. Its pretty sweet when the blue lights turn on.
May

June Pics, changed color and it turned more pink

Yellow Carolina and PC Rainbow

Reeftech Monti Cap and Red Flame Hawk. This dood is a cleaner shrimp destroyer and killed my 7+ year old Onyx Clownfish breeding pair. He stressed them the hell out by swimming in their area that they eventually developed brook, I believe. I lost a 2oo dollars worth of clownfish because I added a 30 dollar fish :mad:

Oregon Blue Tort. My lame attempt at top down. Really need a camera box and macro lens.

ASD Strawberry Wine

Yellow Carolina and PC Rainbow

ORA Red Planet side view

I plan to add more frags, install an Automatic Water Changer via Liter Meter 3 and fish a line through the walls so I can use my 50 gallon DI reservoir for auto top off. I have a 7 gallon water container I fill for the ATO right now and its a pain in the butt.

Let me know what you think, all feedback is welcome. :)

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
Wow, nice photography skills Saul.
That acro look like Pearlberry to me.
Everything encrusted and color up nicely!

Fishnugget

Thanks stryker, its getting there. Just need time.

Wow, nice photography skills Saul.
That acro look like Pearlberry to me.
Everything encrusted and color up nicely!
Yeah, my plan is to get the a macro lens soon. I am glad you think it looks like a Pearlberry, I always questioned whether it might not be it. I just need time for the frags to color up and one day look as good as your colonies. :)

Fishnugget

Tank Update: Finally able to get a 3rd party host for pics. I have added some new sps and fish. I will add more sps pics tomorrow.

Lost this guy, went tile surfing :(

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
great fish collection. Love the shots! Any problems with the hawkfish?
Would love to see a FTS as well :)

Latest posts