Fishnugget's Elos 160XL

Fishnugget

Great pics. Remind us, what camera are you using?
Thanks Tang. I am using Sony A7 with 50mm Zeiss lens

great fish collection. Love the shots! Any problems with the hawkfish?
Would love to see a FTS as well :)
Thanks EyeReef. The hawkfish can have his angry rampage and nip at some fish but the yellow coris, leopard and Blue Tang go after him. The yellow coris really kicks his butt, keeps him in check.

OK, update long overdue.....

My apologies but life got in the way and my son needed a backyard landscaped. He began to walk and would point outside all day. This was during the hot summer months in Indio. Once it cooled down I decided I had to work on my backyard and add sod. I became a Weekend Warrior and did most of the work myself. :)

Here are some pics of what I was so consumed with...

Concrete curb laid down...

Sod Install, completed in 1.5 days. I went solo and my legs and back paid the price!!!

Final step

My little dood..
As you can see, I added sod but he liked the dirt better :)

However, before all the backyard landscaping, I had an alk spike and my tank slowly started dying off, as in all my SPS bleached and died. It was a horrible feeling....My corals were looking great then the dreaded alk spike. I won't lie, I lost hope but I finally decided to ditch my Maxi jet feed pump to my Geo Ca Rx and added a brand new Watson Marlow Peristaltic Pump to keep things rock solid stable. I am determined to bounce back.

I paid about 800 bucks for this brand new pump. I ordered larger diameter tubing and am waiting for it to arrive. Its currently using 1/8" ID neoprene tubing, I will change to 1/4" ID tubing.

I will post full tank pics tomorrow, but it is not pretty. I also grew some Aiptasia and this is making me want to add a Copper Band Butterfly fish again.

I have to say it was my pinpoint pH controller...:(

I bought a new probe because it started trailing all over the place but the new probe did not fix it. Then I called American Marine and they confirmed it was the controller. Luckily, the controller was still under warranty so they replaced it with a new one.

I learned that I will most likely invest in a back up pH controller. Now that I have the Watson Marlow Peristaltic pump installed..things should be much more stable. Believe it or not, my Vivid's Confetti is still alive! So their is hope. :) Also, my strawberry wine has life and a yellow humilis acro.

I just saw pics of your tank and congrats on your "special occasion", I may have to pay you a visit in a month for more acros. I want to ensure things are much more stable this time around.

Always great to hear from you V!

Latest posts