Greaser9999's IM 40g fusion build

Set up is looking good.
nice build on stand.
Thanks!! Now the waiting game.... almost 2 weeks into the cycle at this moment.

Currently cycling with brightwell microbacter7, don't know how good this stuff works. Also doing small amount of mysis daily to help along, not sure if the cycle will be slower with dry rock

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

How do you like your innovative marine skimmer
I don't have it running right now, the tank hasn't started cycling yet so felt pointless to run it. I did hook it up and run it for a few days just to dial it in, micro bubbles are pretty much gone. I'll keep you posted in a couple weeks once I get something going, dropped a raw shrimp in there today to kick start it. Love the cosmetic look though, barely visible!

Looking good
I just added 2 fish to my 50 Sca cube
Been a couple days and they look good and are eating pellets

Hows the tank coming along

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doing good, still lifeless... on a good note it finally cycled. Since I started with dry new rock it seems to have lagged a little, used a raw shrimp to kick started after the 2nd week. I'll be doing a water change this weekend, and heading over to Jayson's to pick up a clean up crew to start cleaning up the bloom. Gonna give it another 2 weeks before I add my first fish, first official tenants will probably be a yasha/candy cane pistol pair.

Lifeless depressing shot....

that is super duper overkill stand. Nice job on that.
Do the spinning streams work well for you? No noise when they spin?
Thanks!! Spin stream nozzles are great, definitely worth the $50. No noise at all with stock pump, very quiet.

Update- Almost 2 months later I finally added some livestock to the tank. Been trying to take it easy and give the tank time to really atabalize!! Here's a few pics of my current livestock.

I got a Wheeler's goby, candy cane pistol shrimp & also added a few inverts.

Added a Hi fin Red banded goby this weekend. Little guy acclimated very well, already out of hiding and ate this morning when I fed them. No current aggression between him & the wheeler goby yet, even despite the fact that the hi fin took refuge in his cave with his pistol shrimp buddy.

How do you like your innovative marine skimmer
So after two months of the skimmer running, I like it! It was a bit difficult to tune it in right, i almost gave up on it. Took a bit over a month to break it in and dial it in, but then one day.....

Hadn't updated my build thread in a while!! Been taking it easy with the tank to be honest, really trying to break it in slowly and let the tank adjust to all livestock. It is just past the 4 month mark, I added a couple more fish to the tank in the last few weeks as I'm going thru a slight algae battle!

Added a jester goby & tailspot blenny. They all seem to be getting along well!! They live close together & both are helping keeping the algae contained, two small lawnmowers..

Latest posts