New fishy from T.R.F.S.

gonumber24

Premium Member
Supporter
Got this tiny purple tang yesterday from Jason. A sweet score. The yellow was punking him so now the yellow is on time out. Mr. Purple is already eating and cruising around the 29 biocube.

Those two tangs won't be happy in your 29 gallon. They belong to the same genus and that itself makes it hard, especially in a small tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gonumber24

Premium Member
Supporter
Those two tangs won't be happy in your 29 gallon. They belong to the same genus and that itself makes it hard, especially in a small tank.

Yeah, been doing this for 8 years. If they don't work out, I have a 240 one can go in lol.

Why not just put one of the tangs or even both in your 240? The last thing you want is for one the tangs to get infected with something due to stress in the 29g and then infect the entire 240g when you put either tang in it.

gonumber24

Premium Member
Supporter
Why not just put one of the tangs or even both in your 240? The last thing you want is for one the tangs to get infected with something due to stress in the 29g and then infect the entire 240g when you put either tang in it.

Because my Achilles is in the 240 and he's the king. Once the purple is a little bigger, he'll probably go in the 240.

Also, I need someone to munch on algae growing in the tank.

Last edited: