Went to vivid aquariums today

I have been wanting to go for some time now... I drove about 2hrs in traffic and was looking forward to buy some nice sps "all my friends said that place is the best by far"
I went home with nothing... there Tanks were supper dirty and the back of shop near frag tanks, they had no fish in their "fish display tanks".

They did have 2 Tangs in there frag tanks I liked, I wanted to buy one and they said not for sale that selling 1 would affect their frags "coral" ..... I through I went into a Store... My girlfriend seen a Squamosa Clam In the bigger tank "I think 300 gal" I ask if it was for sale the guy said no.... but I can order you one for 250$ 3.5in ..... going home was very upsetting... guys tongs so far is the best lots of fish and lots of coral and farish on price!

That sucks. The few times I went they had a lot of nice corals, although a bit pricey. Stores sometime run out of inventory and they just aren't worth going till they stock up. Right now two guys corals is the spot for sps. A few weeks ago i got a few nice 10-25$ frags and was told they should have really nice stuff in right around now.

BeanMachine

Supporter
I have been wanting to go for some time now... I drove about 2hrs in traffic and was looking forward to buy some nice sps "all my friends said that place is the best by far"
I went home with nothing... there Tanks were supper dirty and the back of shop near frag tanks, they had no fish in their "fish display tanks".

They did have 2 Tangs in there frag tanks I liked, I wanted to buy one and they said not for sale that selling 1 would affect their frags "coral" ..... I through I went into a Store... My girlfriend seen a Squamosa Clam In the bigger tank "I think 300 gal" I ask if it was for sale the guy said no.... but I can order you one for 250$ 3.5in ..... going home was very upsetting... guys tongs so far is the best lots of fish and lots of coral and farish on price!
They probably keep the tangs in the frag tanks for algae control so I can see why they wouldn't sell you one of them. But bummer you drove all the way out there expecting something more.

Never been there but im pretty sure all LFS that have fish in their frag systems wont sell them because of how difficult it would be to attempt to catch them.

I actually been to an lfs that said that if I realy wanted the fish that he could try to catch it with a trap & let me know if he was able to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been visiting Vivid on and off for years and must agree that the store does not look too impressive as of recently. Things were always pricey but nice to look at. Hope they make a comeback soon.

dontavo27

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
My Tank Build
I think it might be due to the fact that the owner lost a few of his best employees, two of which opened up california aquariums, and another that started an aquarium service business. I think vivid might also be selling pets supply's now, which I think kinda distracts from what should be there main focus.

Latest posts