New to scr

Euro92

Hello. My name is Steve and I'm new to the scr forums. I just recently remodeled a house and my wife let me upgrade my 50 gallon tank to this 150 gallon tank. I've had a 50 gallon tank for about 3 years and was pretty successful. This tank I'm looking to step up my game and do a sps dominated tank. So far I've met and bought corals from people on these forums and will continue to buy/trade corals. I think meeting and buying corals from established tanks is the best way to expand my coral collection. I'm still looking for someone with staghorn corals to fill my tank with as stags are one of my favorite corals.

Attachments

SantaMonicaHelp

Hello. My name is Steve and I'm new to the scr forums. I just recently remodeled a house and my wife let me upgrade my 50 gallon tank to this 150 gallon tank. I've had a 50 gallon tank for about 3 years and was pretty successful. This tank I'm looking to step up my game and do a sps dominated tank. So far I've met and bought corals from people on these forums and will continue to buy/trade corals. I think meeting and buying corals from established tanks is the best way to expand my coral collection. I'm still looking for someone with staghorn corals to fill my tank with as stags are one of my favorite corals.
Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum :)
Your tank looks great!
Do you have any fish?

Zhenya

Euro92

Under the hood

Here are some pictures of under the stand of my aquarium. I'm trying to run a simple setup with as much redundancy as possible. Right now I'm using a herbie style 1 inch over flow which leads into the sump with marine pure bio balls. 2nd compartment I had to put the skimmer Aquamaxx 300e in middle cause it was oversize for my trigger 36 sump. 3rd compartment is a rio 3100 return pump with check valve and a vertex 2.0 zeolite reactor. Doing a zeovite system. Also in sump are 2 300 watt heaters and outside 2 stage BRS reactor which I only use carbon. I have two brs dosers 1.1 ml for dosing 2 part calcium alk. It is all controlled by neptune apex with battery backups on return pump, skimmer, and maxspect gyre on a separate icecap battery for 30+ hours run time in case of power outage. I also have 2 32 gallon brute containers outside with salt water and a ro/di water that is plumb in for autotop off using tunze 3155 auto top off.

Attachments

Euro92

And yes I do have fish. Just in quarantine. Flame hawk trigger yellow eye powder blue yellow tang pair clowns mystery wrasses. ��

Latest posts