Restarting tank, need help, I have a leak

JPLreefer

Well 2. I believe I over-tightened my overflow and return bulkheads. Bad part, I overlooked that part when I did my leak check. Yes, I know, dumbass mistake. Now have saltwater in the tank. Any suggestions?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

I would drain the water from overflow or til waterline is below the bulkheads. Are the bulkheads new? Inspect the gaskets for warp or damage.

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
I will have to remove bulkheads, replace seals and use food grade vacuum grease on them

You can use 'Magic Lube ' they sell it at pool supply stores. Make sure you apply a coat all over then wipe and clean the rubber gasket of any remaining grease so there isnt any visable grease left.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

JPLreefer

Sometimes if the bulkhead isn't centered right that can lead to leaking. If that's the case your seals might be fine. Also check the holes to be sure the edges aren't chipped off from drilling.
It was a reef ready tank, there shouldn't be any chips. But thanks for the idea. I swear, I hope there isn't any chips.

JPLreefer

**Update**

Had to drain some water out, fixed issue with 1.5 bulkhead (new o-ring), and fixed issue with 3/4 (not centered correctly and new o-ring).

Latest posts