Triton test, high barium?

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Just about everything looks good on my Triton test minus a red zone barium reading and low Iodine level. Barium is way high @ 135 ug/l when and it looks like the acceptable level is 10 ug/l. Their help section says it can come from certain phosphate removing GFO but I haven't ran any in a long time. Just GAC in my reactor. Curious if anyone else has had a high level and found the cause? Or if anyone ran Vibrant's tank cleaner during a Triton test? It did say bacterial supplements can contain barium so I'm just curious if thats the cause.

I've lost two maxima clams over the last 6 weeks and some of my clean up crew has been dying off. My Iodine level came in pretty low in the yellow so maybe that affected my clams. I'm thinking Vibrant is behind the CUC death, not necessarily toxic but it really did knock my algae out and may have starved them out. I did lose a Kole Tang overnight, worries me that it was the only true grazer and no other fish seem to be affected. He was supplemented with nori as well.
My STN seems to have stopped in my system. I did have to frag a few pieces but would still like to find the source of the high barium just incase it is have some impact on the system.

Food source was listed on barium contaminants but the staple of my tank is Rods Reef. Flake and pellets much less, nori every other day.

Latest posts