Worth Sending Out of Warranty MP40 for repairs?

So I dropped my MP40 a while back and it started becoming really loud after that. Ecotech told me to send it in, even its out of warranty (3 years old). When I asked how much it would cost to repair, the rep said possibly $100. Is it worth sending it in for repair? Will they replace my dry side with a QD one? lol

I know I can mess around with it a possibly replace the bearings, but I don't want to do that.

Any suggestions or experience?

That's pretty cheap for a new dryside. Im pretty sure itll be a QD model, since ES has been out of circulation for sometime already

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

N8Allen

I just had to send an MP10 in for repair. They called and it was going to be $120 for repair, better than a new one. Now my pump has been "lost" by UPS... so now $120 doesn't seem like a great deal.

I just had to send an MP10 in for repair. They called and it was going to be $120 for repair, better than a new one. Now my pump has been "lost" by UPS... so now $120 doesn't seem like a great deal.

Oh dang. That sucks. I mean, the person said it would "maybe" be around $100.

Update!

So I talked to tech support and they confirmed that they do not open dry sides to fix them; they only replace the casings if they are damaged. So instead of wasting money on shipping my dry side back and just being told to pay $100 for a replacement dry side, I opted to order a new one and be done with it. The $100 I was quoted was for an MP40 ESW, but when I received the invoice today, it says its a MP40 QD!!!! I have no way to confirm this yet as the package just shipped, but if true, this is friggin' awesome!!

Stay tuned...

N8Allen

Update!

So I talked to tech support and they confirmed that they do not open dry sides to fix them; they only replace the casings if they are damaged. So instead of wasting money on shipping my dry side back and just being told to pay $100 for a replacement dry side, I opted to order a new one and be done with it. The $100 I was quoted was for an MP40 ESW, but when I received the invoice today, it says its a MP40 QD!!!! I have no way to confirm this yet as the package just shipped, but if true, this is friggin' awesome!!

Stay tuned...
Had my dry side serviced as well. They always replace dry side with QD. That's all they stock now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had my dry side serviced as well. They always replace dry side with QD. That's all they stock now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's awesome! I upgraded both my MP40's to QD minus the dry side of the MP40 (old metal one). They list the MP40 QD dry side by itself on the site for $200.