Is this black ich?

Looks like it, is it breathing heavy or going to the power head often?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Yep:( lol even qting wasn't good enough to beat the ich:( I'm just gunna feed heavy and hope he can pull through. At this point moving tanks may be to stressful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Yep:( lol even qting wasn't good enough to beat the ich:( I'm just gunna feed heavy and hope he can pull through. At this point moving tanks may be to stressful.

Its hard, because sometimes even heavy feeding don't work. I know copper does treat it.

Its hard, because sometimes even heavy feeding don't work. I know copper does treat it.

I know but I don't have a wr up right now. I feel like switching him and my tiny mustard tang may be really stressful. Plus a qt just being set up with have poor water quality

I know but I don't have a wr up right now. I feel like switching him and my tiny mustard tang may be really stressful. Plus a qt just being set up with have poor water quality

I had something similar hit my display and start killing fish within 48 hours. I set up a 40 gallon breeder, used water from my display when I did a water change, a bunch of pvc pipes for them to hide and used copper then prazi. All the fish that got to the qt made it.

I had something similar hit my display and start killing fish within 48 hours. I set up a 40 gallon breeder, used water from my display when I did a water change, a bunch of pvc pipes for them to hide and used copper then prazi. All the fish that got to the qt made it.
That's exactly what I'm gunna do today. Thanks!! It's such a headache!!!!

If you have infested display use the initial water from main tank but after you start the treatment in qt only use fresh made saltwater.
Since your qt isn't mature, you need more often water change, measure the new water added and add copper accordingly.
Also don't leave any fish in display.
I'm sure you already know this but we always forget in the rush situation like this.
Good luck with your fish.

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Hard to say whether a freshwater dip would help or hurt before going into the QT. It helped give temporary relief with my velvet outbreak for what it's worth. I was able to raise my copper levels over a few days that way. Bought sometime.

reefsUP

what is this on my orange shoulder?

Set up a container with R/O match the temperature and ph as close as possible then add a air stone then add your prazi pro
Leave him in there for 3-5 min I would do it longer but 3-5min is what most do.
Then if your qt is up place him there make sure when using copper you are using a reliable test kit with out a big deferential in range. Repeat the dip process every 3 days this way you kill of what hatches.

borg

It doesnt look like black ich (per pics that Ive seen online). Black ich is usually tiny dots like white ich but black. From the look of the fish, it feels like some sort bacteria infection.

You probably need antibiotics, but im not sure which are reef safe.

I hear ya, you may be right. Iv taken the fish out and i am treating with bifuran. I think that will cover it all!
It doesnt look like black ich (per pics that Ive seen online). Black ich is usually tiny dots like white ich but black. From the look of the fish, it feels like some sort bacteria infection.

You probably need antibiotics, but im not sure which are reef safe.