Good skimmer

adam1121

I just got an aquapod 24 gallon and its going to have a ten gallon sump. My question is, what is a good skimmer that doesn't cost much and will fit in the ten gallon....it needs to fit in a ten inch chamber or less. I have 3 fish, 2 medium clowns and a yellow watchman. 1 shrimp. I want to be able to keep sps so it needs to keep pretty good water quality. If anyone has a good one for a good price that will fit or knows someone please let me know. Thank you!

Euro reef is supposed to be releasing their new nano skimmer anytime you might try calling them. Or just get an RS 80 that should work for you.

adam1121

Yeah, i ended up buying a tunze nano skimmer. Works really good and i have a cpr bak pak as a back up but i may think about getting that euroreef nano skimmer depending on the dimensions of it

The tunze is an excellent product. I would have gone with one of the non nano versions simply because they aren't that much more expensive

i would put a ASM g1 or even a ER RS-80 in the sump. get a skimmer rated for at least double the volume of water. this is an area a reefer should never skimp on. when you do you end up spending more money trying to get something quality like you should have done from the get go!

HTH

Latest posts