sps base rtn help

Hey i have some sps frags that the base started to rtn i was wondering what the problem might be. all levels are good nitrates and phosphate are 0 mag at 1300 calcium is at 420 and alk is 8-9dkh.

joseserrano

2020 Contributor
a lot of the time this happens with alk swings or temp swings. Do you have an appropriate size heater, or depending where you keep it right now, chiller, doser,...?

a lot of the time this happens with alk swings or temp swings. Do you have an appropriate size heater, or depending where you keep it right now, chiller, doser,...?
i have 2 300 watt heaters water usually stays about 78 to 80 i dont have a chiller i have a doser for alk cal and mag

yea thats what i figured might be the cause but i wondering if any one else had this problem and give some more light on the issue
I've had it a few times myself l know for a fact it was my KH as everything was fine until I started experimenting with different Kh levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had it a few times myself l know for a fact it was my KH as everything was fine until I started experimenting with different Kh levels.

ah i see i did add a little more alk to the tank last night because i saw it a little low. hopefully it stabilizes out and the frags make it thanks for the confirmation grant!

ah i see i did add a little more alk to the tank last night because i saw it a little low. hopefully it stabilizes out and the frags make it thanks for the confirmation grant!
What was your alk before and after you added it to the tank? You should get a dosing pump if you don't have one already.

It was around 7.6 I was worried it was to low so I added a little bit of all I do have a doser I just recently added some sps im still dialing it in