Ways to control bubble algae.

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
I did a couple of rounds of prazipro in my display system a few weeks ago due to flukes. Along with heavy feeding and skimmer being offline for almost 2 weeks, I am currently dealing with a massive cyano and bubble algae out break. I beat cyano before but the bubble algae is new to me. Any suggestions on how I can keep it under control? Any CUC/fish that will eat this stuff?

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
Have you tried dosing carbon? I have read it can control nitrates, therfore algae.
But emerald crabd are good also.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

djrice69

SocaliReef M0DERAT0R IG Farmedfrags
Staff member
2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
Vibrant took care of it but it took awhile also kills off other algae and piss off your sps

Emerald mithrax crab. I love that little guy. I spent about $40 on a bunch of goodies from reefcleaners.org, and that guy is my best denizen. In two days, the 4 patches that were giving me problems were gone, and I do not see it pop up anymore. I'm tempted to buy some just to make sure he hasn't gotten lazy.

I always prefer holistic approaches to chemicals, and their EMCs are completely legit.

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
I had a massive explosion in my system. Vibrant has been working for me. I'm down to the last 5% now.

I did lose 2 maxima clams and a kole tang in the last few months. Whether it was caused by dosing vibrant or not I really don't know. Nothing else seemed affected in the tank.

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Thank you so much guys. I'll pick up a few emeralds and will look into vibrant. Can you guys tell me a little more about this product?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
I heard stories about tank crash because of vibrant. I would careful if using that stuffs.

newe70

2020 Philanthropist
I was also playing with the Vibrant for my tank to control the algae issue on the glass panels. The product did a good job on controlling the algae for my tank algae issue, but oh boy. After the third dosage, I noticed a massive amount of coralline dying off. I mean a sheet of coralline falling off from the back glass panel to the sand bed. I lost nearly half of my sps populations; from frags to fully encrusted frags; small to mini colonies and a few huge colonies, also gone. I would be very cautious on dosing at a recommended dose if you decided to try it Mike, [MENTION=1]EyeReef[/MENTION]

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
This must be it. I lost my big beloved algae grazing tang during a recent fluke out break. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts