90 gallon build

This is the first step of my custom 90 gallon build.

It is a 3x2x2.

I built the stand frame this weekend out of 2x4 studs, and used a template for a 40 gallon breeder stand and just expanded it from there.

Sent from my 1+3 via Tapatalk

Tank is on the frame, frame is water treated,now .

Plumbing goes in, possibly next weekend.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Okay

So, since these photos, i built a rock scape, procured alot of goods from Ev'e [MENTION=4657]OGFrenchHorn[/MENTION] and got my substrate.

Crushed coral, approx 30lbs, crushed aragonite, approx 30 lbs, and about 20 lbs of fine oolite.

I've previously had alkalinity issues using only aragonite, so i decided to try the coral this time to help create more alkalinity.

I picked up an mp40 from [MENTION=3986]sharkbait[/MENTION] and have the tank cycling using it.

Even though i rinsed everything with over 100 gallons of water, total, it is still very cloudy.

I added some kent's marine clear along with the bio-clear that the caribsea products come with.

Clearing up very nicely

I'm forcing restraint over myself to not do anything else, I've got a schedule I am forcing myself to keep.

Ecstatic Evening on Sunday.
Plumbing setup is complete, and my new skimmer, return pump plumbing, etc, worked right out the gate.

Awesome feeling.

Sent from my 1+3t

I am using a an Eshopps 300 for overflow. I was originally planning to use a lifereef overflow, and I probably will eventually get one, but I managed the Eshopps for free, and it seems quite good.

Sent from my 1+3t

Picked up the above trim wood for less than $20. The stain I purchased was more expensive than the wood.

The front panel is a temp, using some plywood that I had as remnant from the top of the stand. But, I might just give it some fancy trim and straighten it out.

Next weekend, I will need to trim up the sides, and after that, all will be left is the canopy.

Then I can start buying coral and fish again.

I went to Pet Kingdom in San Diego yesterday, for a meeting with my FW club. In addition to Pet Kingdom, we stopped by PetZone (FW Only, but very impressive stock), Aquatic Warehouse, and the Petco. I had a transaction error at Pet Kingdom and got a double charge, which I discovered while at Aquatic Warehouse, so I didn't want to buy anything (I'm stingy like that), and after that, it took AquaSD out of the question. -- There is always next time, and Pet Zone will be one of our next meetings in the future.

At Pet Kingdom, I discovered a Yasha Hase Goby for sale. I had been looking throughout the IE and SGV for the past two months for one, and to no avail. A couple of stores had gone to the wholesaler and been unable to locate one, as well.

This one, according to the sale associate, had been there for 2 and half months, and never came out of the rock work, so no one knew it was in there.

I bought it, brought it home, gave it a couple hours in QT to adjust (After the 3 hour ride home), and dropped it into my DT around Midnight last night. Less than 12 hours in the tank, this happened.

[video=youtube;8fCwHzwnMc8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fCwHzwnMc8[/video]

I had not seen the Pistol in months. Not since February, or March. I knew the pistol was in that piece of Live Rock, as it continued to fire away at night, but I had not seen it since the day after I had put it in the tank. I tried a couple mediocre traps, and instead just decided to pull it from the tank and put it into the new one.

I am so glad that I did.

Those SD stores have got something amazing going on. I really like how much space that most of them have, and their stocking is quite good. Plenty of $5 frags - nothing spectacular in that price window, but at least they are there.

It was marked at 44.95,but i paid about 37.50

It looks like it is female. There is no dot on the dorsal fin.

If ever I come across a male, I might purchase it so that it can pair up.

Sent from my 1+3t

I stand corrected. After HE and the Pistol paired up, he began to display his dot when he flared.

I might chance getting a female for it to pair with, but because males will sometimes not flare their dot unless they are content, it can be hard to tell.

Latest posts