My humble tank.

joseserrano

2020 Contributor
So i move around a lot and tend to always be building or taking something down. Right now i have a 70 ish frag tank set up, i dont really have any build pics, since i threw it together in a day with stuff i had. Below are specs and some pics.

Tank-
Acrylic 48"x30"x15"
External dual 1 1/2" drains and 2x 1 inch returns.
Stand
2x4 wood stand, nothing special

Equipment
Lighting- 6 bulb aquticlife 48" T5 light. Planning on adding a reefbrite lumi blue strip, not too happy with bulb configuration due to spread issues at this depth (light is sitting right on top of tank), but at 20 plus bucks a bulb, no cheap to try different set ups. Current bulb combo is 3x blue plus, 2x purple blus, and 1x 10k. Had a D&D actinic where the 10k bulb is, but i didnt like how it looked, so switched it out to a white, figured it help with growth anyway.

Circulation- 2x tunze 6015 with a controller on interval mode, 1x wp25 on wave mode

Return- Deepwater aquatics BlDC5 return pump, run on lowest setting, quite impressed with this pump.

Sump- used 60"x14"x 18". It has dividers meant to like waterfall from one chamber to the other, but the return pump area is too big, and salinity would drop to much if i ran it as disigned, so i run it in reverse. I have a deep sand bed area with rubble over it, and a fudge area. lights are just home depot 65k par 38 leds.

Skimmer- seaside aquatics bubble king knock off with jeabo pump- not to happy with it, but i got it cheap, will upgrade sometime, does the job for now.

Livestock
Fish- 2x yellow tanks, 2x sixline wrasses, 1x blue tank, 5x chromis, and 1x blue damsel.

Inverts- some turbos in the sump and nassarius snails for the sand bed, in the tank mostly trochus and nerite snails.

Corals- mostly acros, but some LPS i've kept over the years. Not a lot of name brand acros, mostly wild stuff. I like to buy brown stuff and see what it turn into.
IMG_3302.jpg
IMG_3303.jpg
IMG_3304.jpg
IMG_3305.jpg

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Sweet setup. I've been thinking of getting a small frag tank lately. Mostly because my tanks over ran with frags but i dont want to stop buying them lol.

Looks like you got some sweet colonies growing in. Any pictures of them?

joseserrano

2020 Contributor
Sweet setup. I've been thinking of getting a small frag tank lately. Mostly because my tanks over ran with frags but i dont want to stop buying them lol.

Looks like you got some sweet colonies growing in. Any pictures of them?
here is a few

IMG_3311 - Copy.jpg IMG_3317 - Copy.jpg IMG_3319 - Copy.jpg IMG_3320 - Copy.jpg IMG_3322.jpg

SantaMonicaHelp

So i move around a lot and tend to always be building or taking something down. Right now i have a 70 ish frag tank set up, i dont really have any build pics, since i threw it together in a day with stuff i had. Below are specs and some pics.

Tank-
Acrylic 48"x30"x15"
External dual 1 1/2" drains and 2x 1 inch returns.
Stand
2x4 wood stand, nothing special

Equipment
Lighting- 6 bulb aquticlife 48" T5 light. Planning on adding a reefbrite lumi blue strip, not too happy with bulb configuration due to spread issues at this depth (light is sitting right on top of tank), but at 20 plus bucks a bulb, no cheap to try different set ups. Current bulb combo is 3x blue plus, 2x purple blus, and 1x 10k. Had a D&D actinic where the 10k bulb is, but i didnt like how it looked, so switched it out to a white, figured it help with growth anyway.

Circulation- 2x tunze 6015 with a controller on interval mode, 1x wp25 on wave mode

Return- Deepwater aquatics BlDC5 return pump, run on lowest setting, quite impressed with this pump.

Sump- used 60"x14"x 18". It has dividers meant to like waterfall from one chamber to the other, but the return pump area is too big, and salinity would drop to much if i ran it as disigned, so i run it in reverse. I have a deep sand bed area with rubble over it, and a fudge area. lights are just home depot 65k par 38 leds.

Skimmer- seaside aquatics bubble king knock off with jeabo pump- not to happy with it, but i got it cheap, will upgrade sometime, does the job for now.

Livestock
Fish- 2x yellow tanks, 2x sixline wrasses, 1x blue tank, 5x chromis, and 1x blue damsel.

Inverts- some turbos in the sump and nassarius snails for the sand bed, in the tank mostly trochus and nerite snails.

Corals- mostly acros, but some LPS i've kept over the years. Not a lot of name brand acros, mostly wild stuff. I like to buy brown stuff and see what it turn into.
View attachment 56724
View attachment 56725
View attachment 56726
View attachment 56727
Hey Jose,

Looking very pretty;)
Do you plan to get some more fish?

Zhenya

joseserrano

2020 Contributor
Here are some updated pics from Sunday. Been messing with bulb configurations more, here are some pics under 2x blue plus, and some with 4x blue plus and 2x purple plus IMG_3381.jpg IMG_3383.jpg IMG_3397.jpg IMG_3406.jpg IMG_3408.jpg

Latest posts