(insert generic 'new here' title here)

Chamelius

Hello. My name is (oh god, not high school all over again. . . noes!) Tyler, and I recently started my love of aquariums again after a break from the hobby due to, well, life. I used to have a little old 10 gallon freshwater until, well, the power went out and bad things happened. That is where I am leaving it...

A month ago, I 'rescued' a fish only tank from an owner way over her head (it shall be explained). when I went to her house to get the tank, it came with 10 fish: [1 Sgt Maj, 3 Lemon damsels, 3 blue-fin/black damsels, 1 false percula clown, 2 blue/green chromis]. Needless to say that I still have the 1 clown and the 2 chromis, the others being rehomed to the local fish store for credit towards snails and a cleaner shrimp to undo the horror of that tank. I did wash the sand as much as possible, changed the water. I got the clown a buddy, and thought that everything was ok, until, the live rocks started to grow sponges. Which, I promptly cleaned, just to have a major bloom of red slime algae (cynobacteria). I also added 2 PJ cardinalfish and a scooter blenny. Joy's of getting a tank with everything for $35 on craigslist. However, I am pleased with it and am slowly building my confidence with it as a marine tank.

(I know, long story)

Last night I gave my fish live brine shrimp for the first time, and even the blenny was eating them, and yeah, now I'm blabbering on. I hope someday soon that I can have a reef tank.

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Hey Tyler welcomepic to RD

That is a awesome deal you got on the tank and hopefully everything will go a lot smoother for you now

Wes

pics! that way you can do before/after and see how much your tnak has grown. FWIW, I try to keep as many kinds of sponges in my tanks--they're great natural filters.

Chamelius

pics! that way you can do before/after and see how much your tnak has grown. FWIW, I try to keep as many kinds of sponges in my tanks--they're great natural filters.
I would have, but, being new to live rock and the lovely inverts that grow on them, I felt I was safer to remove them, seeing how one of them went from a bright blue-ish to a creamy white, I was afraid that it was about to die.

I'll get some photo's when I check on my fishes and feed them.

(ps: I'm loving live brine shrimp)