Moving a mushroom

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
How do you move a mushroom from a rock? Shoulf i try blasting it with a powerhead? If so how long at a time, or how long would it take?

Specimen in question, btw anyone know thr type of ricordia?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Hey that looks familiar. It should be on a flat frag plug. Blast with a powerhead for a little while or a feeding tube over and over with tank water. You should see the plug. I think a razor blade at that point and slowly lifting the plug shouldn't be too bad. I believe the baby on the top of it is attached to the rock. So I'd remove that just like those zoas.

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey that looks familiar. It should be on a flat frag plug. Blast with a powerhead for a little while or a feeding tube over and over with tank water. You should see the plug. I think a razor blade at that point and slowly lifting the plug shouldn't be too bad. I believe the baby on the top of it is attached to the rock. So I'd remove that just like those zoas.
The plug to the right was under it. It has definitely out grown that disk. Lol. To the left more babies.
I plan on putting sps on top and worry about too much light for it.

That flat plug is to the right. It has definitely out grown that disk. Lol. To the left more babies.
I plan on putting sps on top and worry about too much light for it.

Can you remove the rock and just use a small sharp chizzle to get underneath it? Or a roto tool if you have one, just try not to cut the coral with it.

Just recently, I scraped and moved a hairy mushroom successfully. I just made sure he shrunk first (3 hrs after lights off), scraped with a plastic chisel-tip and moved to new rock where it attached quickly the next day.

Latest posts