Back to reef with IM Fusion 10

Nice looking set-up!! I chose to go the filter sock, just seems like it would be such a pain to clean out detritus from the sump chambers being as there isn't much room to work with.
How could you clean the filter sock well? I know most people clean them with bleach in washer machine, but those filter socks have the plastic piece as a holder. Would the washer machine damage the plastic piece?

Trung

djandre7

Just ordered Sicce .5 pump to replace the stock pump
IM spin streaming nozzle
IM media caddy
Gonna set up the light up tonight

Trung
Very Nice Trung!!

Let me know how the Sicce .5 pump works I have the same IM tank and pump and are considering upgrading as well!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How could you clean the filter sock well? I know most people clean them with bleach in washer machine, but those filter socks have the plastic piece as a holder. Would the washer machine damage the plastic piece?

Trung
Yea, I was wondering about that myself. I just swapped out my socks last week, all I did was flip them inside and hose them off. I can't see the plastic being much of a problem in the washer though

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

sjet

Nice tank. I usually hose my filter socks once a week. Once a month I soak it in hydrogen peroxide for a few hours just to give it a deep clean. I've never washed mine in the washing machine.

Trung
Buy a "washer garment bag" or what some women call "a bra bag."

I personally would not do it in the washing machine, but they are designed for stuff like this.

Update:
Pump and stuff were home earlier than I expected. Thanks Marine Depot for super fast free shipping.
Sicce .5 pump perfectly fits in the back of the returning chamber. The pump still has a little bit of space around to move around and for water flow. Very strong and deadly quiet.
IM spinning stream works very well as rotating and water movement. No noise as most reviews said so. Maybe I got lucky.
Tank has been wet, and everything looks good so far. I still see tiny bubbles coming from sand bed and return pump. I guess since everything is so new, so they need time to break out. Even though I set the pump at max level (185gph), I still see not a lot of flow in the tank. Unless, when spinning stream breaks the water surface. Maybe corals will tell me that is enough flows or not later.
Putting the filter sock in there to clean out dust and debris. Tank water has been very clear after filling up. Maybe I washed the sand too well, lol.
Here is the FTS:

Thank you everyone for the feedbacks in the last couple days. I really appreciate that.

Trung

Update:
Tank has been cycled with frozen shrimp piece.
I recently added couple live rocks from my friend's tank to help seeding the bacteria couple days ago. I just tested the water with API kit and here is the result:

Ammonia/Nitrite/Nitrate

Trung

Update:
Tank has been cycled with some live rocks from my friend.
Installed MP10 quiet driver and Tunze ATO setup with 1.5 gals container.
I did 50% water change and I got 2 small tank bred regular clowns in along with some red dragon algae to keep the tank going on.

Trung

newe70

2020 Philanthropist
U've a stick in ur new tank already? That is fast bro. I have a few zoas for u. Swing by when u've have a chance.

Latest posts