IM 30L Build

JC Reef

Premium Member
Supporter
I decided to upgrade from my current 27gl cube to an "IM Fusion 30L”. The reason why I decided on a Nuvo was that I didn’t want an underneath sump. The back filtration has great space to accommodate an array of upgrades without any hiccups. In my opinion, I feel that I made a great choice! Last Sunday (4/16/2017) I decided to start the cycling process. I used approximately 25lbs of live sand and approximately 15 lbs of live rock. I added some Marine Pure balls on the sump area to retain bacteria. I already have 2 in the tank replacement media baskets. I also got 2 Innovative Marine AUQA Gadget Spin Stream - Return Nozzles.

Feel free to drop any suggestions, hope to have it up and running in a few weeks!

Last edited:

JC Reef

Premium Member
Supporter
Did a little aquascaping. I'm also trying the eshopps curve light for my fuge. If it doesn't work out I'll need to get myself the IM magnetic fuge light.
[MENTION=11499]limal17[/MENTION] thanks for the awesome rock.

Last edited:

limal17

Did a little aquascaping. I'm also trying the eshopps curve light for my fuge. If it doesn't work out I'll need to get myself the IM magnetic fuge light.
[MENTION=11499]limal17[/MENTION] thanks for the awesome rock.

no problem glad I could contribute to your build!

JC Reef

Premium Member
Supporter
I decided to buy a new heater and I made a great choice! The last water change is complete. Ready to start transferring a few corals.

JC Reef

Premium Member
Supporter
Day 16. I decided to add a new inhabitant, a "black ice Clown" and some corals from my other tank. Running one radion for now. I'll be adding the other radion once the tank is shut down. Two are better than one!

JC Reef

Premium Member
Supporter
JC, you need the XR30 radion. The XR15 doesn't have enough spread.

I know, it's only a temporary thing :) Once I shut down the other tank I'll be using that radion as well. That's why I mentioned "2 are better than one" lol. But I been considering the XR30, this way I only use one power plug and not two. But then if I use two XR15's, I can tweak each radion individually for different corals.

JC Reef

Premium Member
Supporter
The skimmer is finally in. Today is the 4th day and this beast is already pulling some nasty stuff!!! I'm very happy with this Eshopps HOB skimmer PSK-75H

Last edited:

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
looking good! keep the bubble level about half way up the cup, current skimate looks kinda watery

JC Reef

Premium Member
Supporter
looks good, i'd modify that screen cover a bit. Remove the manufacturer's one and replace it with 1/4" clear net.
Thanks for the input but my screen is from IM. BRS did a review on different types of mesh/screen and the results were minimum. I removed the mesh from the tank a few days ago because the tank looks nicer without it!

JC Reef

Premium Member
Supporter
I wasn't very satisfied with the Eshopps Skimmer and I knew it had to be replaced asap. The replacement... Aquamaxx HOB-1! I feel like a thieve because I struck an amazing deal on Ebay. Brand new skimmer on bidding for under $100!!!

It was time to install my 2 MP10's . I made a custom stand to mount both drivers. I was super pleased with this little project, makes everything look so clean.