What's the best store in OC for fish??

The only thing that bums me out about Sandbar is they've got a ridiculous mark up on everything. I wish Eric would lower his prices and be a little more competitive. Ocean's has much better prices. Sandbar has a minimal 50% mark up above every other shop in OC, if not more. It bums me out because there's a lot I'd buy there, but not for the prices. Maybe he doesn't realize how over priced he is. I know Tyler knows because he's been around. I knew him from Iconic. It's a bummer.

Sandbar has been in business at least 40 years, but Eric just bought the place within the last couple years. Do you mean you've been going there that long?
The previous ownership was Mark and Julie. Eric worked for them and bought the store a few years ago. I got to know Eric when he was the fish guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing that bums me out about Sandbar is they've got a ridiculous mark up on everything. I wish Eric would lower his prices and be a little more competitive. Ocean's has much better prices. Sandbar has a minimal 50% mark up above every other shop in OC, if not more. It bums me out because there's a lot I'd buy there, but not for the prices. Maybe he doesn't realize how over priced he is. I know Tyler knows because he's been around. I knew him from Iconic. It's a bummer.
I didn't realize that. I could still remember the female Bellus angel that he sold me for $25. I thought their fish price is competitive tho.

toomuch420

Premium Member
Supporter
Never had any luck with fish purchases at tongs.
Usually almost as good selection at seaside.
Last visit tho new gf wanted bunch different coral eaters she finally asked about a reef safe wrasse that ate and looked healthy.
Lost my 6 yr old coral beauty
Almost lost 2 others but 40-50 in vitamins and alot time/water changes. Sigh qt only here on out

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I didn't realize that. I could still remember the female Bellus angel that he sold me for $25. I thought their fish price is competitive tho.

Could be. I know all the coral and most of the dry goods have a high mark up. I've only bought one fish that was $5 more than other stores. I know the Clownfish are a marked up quite a bit as well. I haven't really looked at fish prices that come from the warehouse. I will next time I go there though. The place is ok, I'm not totally knocking it. I just won't pay more than what other stores a few miles inland charge is all. Reefing is expensive enough as it is. I recently upgraded my tank and Sandbar's price for the set up was twice as much as Ocean's.

Latest posts