Ice Cap ATO

I just put in my new ATO by Ice Cap.

Its the first ATO that I have found with a siphon break and after a few tests it seems to be working great.

Has anyone else tried this ATO and have any input as to the actual quality of the optical sensors.

For $125 it looks like I can now actually fill my ATO container to the top without worrying that the siphon wont break.

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
I am using one, seems ok. I had to get on replaced after 1 week.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
Not surprised. Ice Cap is coming out with some great products as of late. I bought my Ice Cap "Smart" Rodi couple years ago and I don't see myself going back to Vertex Puratek or Spectrapure any time soon.

Have to agree with Jesse's comment on Ice Cap. Really like their new sumps. Not to mention the ice cap version of the gyre is way better priced too.

So far so good. Thank for the feedback. I will give an update in a few weeks but for now it's doing the job and hoping it continues.

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
I like there new skimmers also, almost got one but aquamaxx is still the best bang for the buck.

But I do have the ato and gyre from Ice Cap.

Update.
It's been almost a month using this ATO. It has been great. The siphon break is the answer. For all of you who have a tall ATO container and have not been able to fill it up for fear of the whole container being emptied into the sump this is the answer.
Hope this post is useful to others.

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
I also have the ato and I am getting use to it, but still wish the alarm that sounds when there is too much water is annoying. I do press the button to silence but still .
So the times i get these alarms are when i replace my socks(filters) or after a skimmer clean. The way i got around this was to with the Apex delay command. If skimmer off then defer 5 mins ....

Latest posts