Help with new Gold Lightning Maroon Clown!

Hey guys, I recently won algaebarn's instagram contest and will be receiving a captive bred ORA gold lightning maroon clown! So awesome!! I currently have a pair of Wyoming white clowns and a Midas Blenny in my IM Nuvo 40 gallon cube. What should I do/expect when adding this clown to my tank? Will they get along? Any and all advice is welcome! Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At first they will, be, fine..

Then the ***** comes out of the Maroon…

You know how, that goes..

Just pass over the Wyoming.

Thanks for the input, Any recommendations on what I should do? Is it one or the other or will the maroon be a dick regardless? Lol

My Tank Build
I've owned gold banned maroons for yes there one of the toughest clowns other then maybe tomato clowns.
Either the maroon will for after the wyomings and maybe kill one if it does the second one will definitely be a goner. Or the 2 Wyomings will gang up on the maroon and kill it.
In my 300 I had a pair of gold banneds and a pain of percs. I also had 3 different types of nems 6 bta, 1 carpet, and a large ritteri. The GBM laid claim on all the bta but were deathly afraid of the ritteri. Well sense the percs couldn't go in the bta they stayed in the ritteri at all times. I believe the retteri was the only reason the percs could live in that tank with the GBMs. Let's just say it was an 8 foot tank and the bta were located by the overflow box and the ritteri was all the way on the other side of the tank. If those percs came out from that retteri the female GBM would fly to the other side of the tank to try to get the percs. She wouldn't go in that ritteri but she would sit out side if it and wait for the percs to come out.

This video shows the tank
https://youtu.be/twrYAAl8OlM

I have a lightning clown along with about 11 other clowns in one tank. The lightning chases the others if they come close to either of the two 'nems she hosts. My tank is 6 feet long, which is an advantage because she only chases them for a short while and goes back to her 'nem. Without lots of room and many places to hide she will kill the other clowns. It has been about 9 months with her in with all the other clowns and they all get along now. She only chases them occasionally. They all feed together with no problem.

I've owned gold banned maroons for yes there one of the toughest clowns other then maybe tomato clowns.
Either the maroon will for after the wyomings and maybe kill one if it does the second one will definitely be a goner. Or the 2 Wyomings will gang up on the maroon and kill it.
In my 300 I had a pair of gold banneds and a pain of percs. I also had 3 different types of nems 6 bta, 1 carpet, and a large ritteri. The GBM laid claim on all the bta but were deathly afraid of the ritteri. Well sense the percs couldn't go in the bta they stayed in the ritteri at all times. I believe the retteri was the only reason the percs could live in that tank with the GBMs. Let's just say it was an 8 foot tank and the bta were located by the overflow box and the ritteri was all the way on the other side of the tank. If those percs came out from that retteri the female GBM would fly to the other side of the tank to try to get the percs. She wouldn't go in that ritteri but she would sit out side if it and wait for the percs to come out.

This video shows the tank
https://youtu.be/twrYAAl8OlM
Wow that's a sweet setup! Thanks, that's extremely helpful! So say I get rid of the Wyoming whites... how will the maroon react towards the Midas Blenny? I want to avoid fatalities at all costs lol

My Tank Build
I never had problems with my blennies and the clowns. If anything my sohal would mess with blennies.

If you decide to keep the Maroon you should also plan on pairing it asap. The longer it's alone, the harder it will be. And like everyone said, no way the 3 will live together.

Latest posts