Moving tank need advice asap!

I am moving next month. I have a 30g JBJ all in one. I am literally moving down the street/maybe a block or two away from where i am at. I am thinking if i can drain all the water into a barrel maybe i can lift the tank with rock and sps still attached carry it to truck drive really quick and fill it back with water at new place?
would spraying the sps with water help? does this sound possible? so i don't have to break everything down.
tank.jpg

tylbaart

Get the cheap black storage tubs from home depot they are like 12 bucks for the 27 gallon one and some furniture dollies put the tubs on dollies fill with water and coral and fish then roll on down and reverse process. Works great and easy

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

805reef

Premium Member
Supporter
be careful if you move the tank with rock and sand in it. one wrong move and you can have cracked glasses or weakened seams.

Last edited:
Just take everything out, make it easier on yourself. It's a small Tank, won't take nearly as long as you think

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

+1 with 805 & Greaser. It will probably be quicker to just pull everything and do it the right way than dealing with all the hassles & difficulties of trying to move the tank with stuff in it AND there is much less chance of something in the tank shifting & falling which could damage tank or livestock.

calvarez

home depot buckets or any container that will fit the rocks with the corals assuming they are glued. drain as much of the water as possible, a buddy helped me move the tank on to a furniture dolly, rolled to the truck and then just reverse the steps when we got to my new place.
personally from what i have haerd others talk about, when i refilled it, i was very careful not to stir up too much of the sand bed or even during transport. i cant remember if its nitrates or nitrites that can go haywire. maybe ill be corrected.

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
What ever you do, make sure you don't expose the fish to air as it may crush their lungs!
Lmfao.....

....and dont forget to increase the flow once you set everything up, to get rid of black ich. [MENTION=989]babyjess210[/MENTION]

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
What ever you do, make sure you don't expose the fish to air as it may crush their lungs!
Lmfao.....

....and dont forget to increase the flow once you set everything up, to get rid of black ich. [MENTION=989]babyjess210[/MENTION]

Hi there, According to me you should drain all the water and fill it back again in a new place. As we know that moving is a hectic job and we have to take care of many things. I think hiring professional movers can be the best option for you because as they are highly trained, they can easily make your moving easy and reliable. They also provided containers and special boxes which are easy in moving fragile items. Recently my friend moved his antique statue with the help of professional mover in NYC who provided him quality driven moving.