Transporting fish and coral

I am planning on traveling 28 hrs with stops to Missouri and I was thinking putting them in a styrofoam box but my lfs told me it would be better to place them in bags with oxygen then put them in the styrofoam with a battery operated aerator. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get a power inverter. Plug it in and plug in a air pump. Attach some hose to the pump and then attach a air stone to the end of it.

Put the air hose in your bucket where the livestock is at and then turn it on.

Also plug in a heater to the power inverter if needed.

This is what I do when transporting fish from wholesaler

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

So heat is a big factor? I have a portable air pump is that not sufficient enough?

Get a power inverter. Plug it in and plug in a air pump. Attach some hose to the pump and then attach a air stone to the end of it.

Put the air hose in your bucket where the livestock is at and then turn it on.

Also plug in a heater to the power inverter if needed.

This is what I do when transporting fish from wholesaler

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
For a heater so I need a pure sine or just a modified sine power converter.

Have a heater in the car? 75-76 is tolerable
I was going to have a true sine power converter then plug a heater to it but I am leaning towards just an battery powered aerator since I am going to have an ambient temperature of 74 degrees since that's my perfect temperature specially driving at night.

Insulated container like the previously mentioned styrofoam would be better than bucket because you want stability. How many gallons is it. Does styro container have a lid? The big thing you want to avoid is sudden temperature fluctuations like sun shining through window onto container. Battery air pump would be good while stopped and plug in air pump w/heater while driving.

get one of those styrofoam containers with lid. Drill a hole on the lid and stick an air hose into it. You are in car with heat at your disposal. What is the point of having your fish in the bag then put them in styrofoam with a battery operated aerator??? air cant get thru the bags.. I could be wrong but im sure they can't.

Latest posts