Swapping all rock out dangerous?

So I was away and came back to a tank with a bunch of gha. Instead of dealing with it, I'm thinking of just completely buying all new live rock and just swapping all my rock out for it. It's a small aquarium so not an expensive fix. My worry is, can there be any type of tank crash? Any dangers in doing this that anyone can think of? I know what caused the gha so i know it won't suddenly grow back.

Thanks for any help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a friend that decided to do the same and his tank crashed over night. So maybe do one at a time cuz then you might just deal with a small cycle

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Don't do it. All of your beneficial bacteria live on the surfaces of the rock. You'll immediately trigger a cycle if you remove it and replace it with new rock.

If it's easy to take out, do a water change, leave the water in a bucket and scrub the rocks in the bucket.

I am going to replace all/most of my rock in my display. I do not have an algae problem, but I have decided I wanted a change. The rock is sitting in a tub of RO water with a powerhead in it. I am going to take one piece at a time and put in my sump for a week or two. Then I am going to swap out one piece and add another piece to the sump until all the pieces are swapped out. I am concerned with this process, but I would never replace all the rock at once.

I think you will be ok, if you follow that route.. Depending on tue size of the rocks. I would a 1 or 2wks interval, so that you won't go through a minicycle.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

reefsUP

So I was away and came back to a tank with a bunch of gha. Instead of dealing with it, I'm thinking of just completely buying all new live rock and just swapping all my rock out for it. It's a small aquarium so not an expensive fix. My worry is, can there be any type of tank crash? Any dangers in doing this that anyone can think of? I know what caused the gha so i know it won't suddenly grow back.

Thanks for any help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pull as much off manually then Throw a bunch of orange leg crabs and some Bali seahares just get the seahares out once it's all gone