New store in Beaumont! J&K AQUATICS

Through SoCal Reef Frag Pack on facebook, i corresponded with a guy who had a tank established blue hippo that I arranged a purchase for on Monday. I drove out to Beaumont to pick it up having no idea that it was a retail store!

They just opened in August, and it is still in its beginnings, but all their stocking tanks are made by Advanced Acrylics, and they have the beginnings of what will eventually make a fantastic store, especially for the area.

Right now, it is still nuts and bolts, but they do have decent stock of some frags and mid-level saltwater fish.

The very cool thing that the owners showed me is for something that could potentially help the local clubs.

There is a whole room, with a long open space that would be perfect for fish club meetings that they suggested to use the space for.

This place has great promise, and they can get special requests.

J&k aquatics
507 e. 6th street
Beaumont

Sent from my 1+3t

Through SoCal Reef Frag Pack on facebook, i corresponded with a guy who had a tank established blue hippo that I arranged a purchase for on Monday. I drove out to Beaumont to pick it up having no idea that it was a retail store!

They just opened in August, and it is still in its beginnings, but all their stocking tanks are made by Advanced Acrylics, and they have the beginnings of what will eventually make a fantastic store, especially for the area.

Right now, it is still nuts and bolts, but they do have decent stock of some frags and mid-level saltwater fish.

The very cool thing that the owners showed me is for something that could potentially help the local clubs.

There is a whole room, with a long open space that would be perfect for fish club meetings that they suggested to use the space for.

This place has great promise, and they can get special requests.

J&k aquatics
507 e. 6th street
Beaumont

Sent from my 1+3t
I'm down for IE meetings there but I'll bet it'll have to be different than IEMAS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A club different than IEMAS? Or on a different day? Because, I am shooting for 2nd sunday of every month from 1230 to 530,lunch included.

Sent from my 1+3t

A club different than IEMAS? Or on a different day? Because, I am shooting for 2nd sunday of every month from 1230 to 530,lunch included.

Sent from my 1+3t
Different club because I'd think most members won't do the commute. 5 hours? Never heard of a club posting meetings that long. They might drag out but never posted as such.

Scape does that every month

1230 to 1 is registration, 1 to 130 is lunch, 130 to about 230 is typically guest speaker/activity, and then 230 to 330 is auction, 330 to 4 everyone pays for their auctions.

Most meetings then end at about that time, and everyone explores the store it is being held at, buys stuff, gets store discount (typically 20%)for the day.

The bi annual raffle meetings ussually go on until 6 or 7,because of the raffles going on for over an hour, and the auctions as well.

Sent from my 1+3t

BTW, Daryl's in Redlands is moving from Redlands Blvd to downtown Redlands and is discontinuing all saltwater. Josh over there said he's "willing to part with ALL our livestock and equipment for very cheap."

I think he means the tank near the front of the store that was supposed to be a reef display... there's not anything new that I know of.

Went today and picked up a Yasha Haze male and a royal gramma.

I love it that FINALLY, a local place listens to customer questions and requests and says, "let me get back to you" and DOES.

They have very reasonable prices on everything as well. Hanna checkers in stock at amazon prices.

I respect that.

Sent from my 1+3t

Went today and picked up a Yasha Haze male and a royal gramma.

I love it that FINALLY, a local place listens to customer questions and requests and says, "let me get back to you" and DOES.

They have very reasonable prices on everything as well. Hanna checkers in stock at amazon prices.

I respect that.

Sent from my 1+3t
When I managed a store we had a notebook and made a list of all special orders. I'd call the customer if we could find the fish. You wouldn't believe how many store owners lately have been telling me "call me next week". Sales don't work that way. You have to earn your customers business and make an effort for the sale.