Zoas disappearing !!! Halpppp!

errrl710

okay so i just noticed zoas missing from my rock . i believe they have been slowly disappearing but hasnt really been too noticeable since i have alot. 50-100 polyps. i have been checking for pests , nudis , disease... cant seem to find an issue myself atleast.

this is everything i have in the my tank currently :

- 2 x clown fish
- 2 x BTA (small)
- green star polyps
- green trumpet coral
- 1 x torch coral
- 5 x red leg hermit
- 5 x astrea snails
- 5 x sexy shrimp
- 1 x brittle star fish
- 1 x some kind of finger leather not sure lol

here are my parameters as of this morning :
- alkalinity - 9 dkh
- magnesium - 1275ppm
- salinity - 1.025/1.026
- temperature - 78-80 *F
- calcium - 400ppm
- ph - 8.1-8.3
- phosphate - 0ppm
- ammonia - 0ppm
- nitrate - 0ppm
- nitrite - 0ppm
- potassium - 400ppm
- silica - 1ppm
- iodine - 0.03ppm *iodide
- strontium - 9ppm
- boron - 4ppm

tank :

-Nuvo Nano 10
-Vortech mp10
-kessel a80 + controller

any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated !!!! if you are local to me i can bless you with some fun stuff as well lol

Your water is too clean for zoas. You should try to increase your No3. Your temp his high too, you should have it between 76-78. However I don't think this 9s your problem.

My guess would be the 0 nutrients. I'm also at 0 nitrate and phosphates (working on bringing it back up) and I'm experiencing some of my zoas melting away.

errrl710

i would put my money on a pest, zoa nudis take on the color of the zoa they are eating, make it really tough to see.
Your water is too clean for zoas. You should try to increase your No3. Your temp his high too, you should have it between 76-78. However I don't think this 9s your problem.
You have all 0 for ammonia/nitrite/nitrate for that small of tank?

Trung
My guess would be the 0 nutrients. I'm also at 0 nitrate and phosphates (working on bringing it back up) and I'm experiencing some of my zoas melting away.
thank you guys for all your help . i tried dipping my zoas because my LFS owner told me hes 100% sure its pests. He was right i did have a nudibranch as well as 2 flat worms . it has been 2 days since dipping and no more zoas have gone missing . <3 <3 <3

joseserrano

2020 Contributor
continue to dip. There may be eggs. Nudis are one of the toughest pests to completely get rid of. every 3 days for about a month.

errrl710

continue to dip. There may be eggs. Nudis are one of the toughest pests to completely get rid of. every 3 days for about a month.
dang every 3 days . holy crap. i was gonna dip them everytime i did a water change.

Um I think Sexy shrimps eat zoa.
yeah ive heard of sexy shrimp eating zoa's but all 5 of my sexy shrimps hosted in my leather tree/finger coral . i mostly see them eating stuff off of it or they eat the mysis and cyclops stuff that reaches them . like i literally have never seen them leave that coral .

Latest posts