La Habra Children's Museums Salt Water exhibit needs our help!!

beta110

Premium Member
Supporter
I decided to take my 3 year old to the museum this weekend not knowing that they had a salt water exhibit for the season. Much like any of you all I got super excited....

Sadly almost everything is dead. I plan on going with a few others to give them a hand. They need help like ASAP!!

I took a quick glance and they have solid equipment they just need some assistance and maybe some donations of corals that we are ready to give away...

Send me a text if you want to help. My daughter loves this place and I love my saltwater world so I'm going to do my part...

PM me if you want to help.

Here are a few pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joseserrano

2020 Contributor
can you make a list of things they need, livestock and equipment, im sure we can get people to donate at the next SCMAS meeting.

beta110

Premium Member
Supporter
can you make a list of things they need, livestock and equipment, im sure we can get people to donate at the next SCMAS meeting.
I'm going tomorrow morning, she's there at 7:30am or so. I will be testing the tanks and maybe doing a water change.

Stay tuned !!

BeanMachine

Supporter
That is an awesome gesture but who plans to do the maintenance from here on out? You? I'd be down to help with something but I don't see the point if there isn't anyone qualified there to do the regular maintenance and the tanks just go back to where they were before.

That is an awesome gesture but who plans to do the maintenance from here on out? You? I'd be down to help with something but I don't see the point if there isn't anyone qualified there to do the regular maintenance and the tanks just go back to where they were before.
Good point!! Sounds like this goes farther than donations, thats just putting a band-aid on the problem. They need to get some experienced reefers in there to help them maintain the tanks, maybe you should look into that if you have the time. You might even manage to get some hobbyist to help from here

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

beta110

Premium Member
Supporter
Good point!! Sounds like this goes farther than donations, thats just putting a band-aid on the problem. They need to get some experienced reefers in there to help them maintain the tanks, maybe you should look into that if you have the time. You might even manage to get some hobbyist to help from here

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I few of us are starting to go weekly to keep everything on check.

After going the second time, i think their biggest issue was starting tanks up that weren't mature. They log their testing, and their numbers are looking a lot better. Salinity was on point. We just want to get in there and do it ourselves as well.

beta110

Premium Member
Supporter
A few small skimmers, a few led lights (borrowed if possible) for tanks that are about 40 gallons.

A few tangs, and hearty fish more then anything.

beta110

Premium Member
Supporter
First donation. Can't really tell but it's a fox face, I'm sure he will enjoy all that algae.

sjet

Is this a permanent exhibit or just there for the summer? I know people think it's snake oil but for new tanks I swear microbacter7 or stability really did something for my tanks.

beta110

Premium Member
Supporter
Is this a permanent exhibit or just there for the summer? I know people think it's snake oil but for new tanks I swear microbacter7 or stability really did something for my tanks.
I don't think m7 is snake oil. Tanks are ready now. The exhibit will be open till January

Latest posts