Powder Blue x Goldrim Hybrid tang

I just wanted to show you a few pictures of one of my favorite reef fishes. I think the hybridization between the two species mixes beautifully in this fish. Whenever I see them available, they usually appear to be in healthy shape and willing to accept food. They are a very underrated fish for reef tanks in my opinion.

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
Let me know when you see another one for sale

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
This is mine, got him the same size you have 2 years ago when they first came to the market. This guy has survived a lot of ick and velvet battles. Right now he is clean and not aggressive at all.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

This is mine, got him the same size you have 2 years ago when they first came to the market. This guy has survived a lot of ick and velvet battles. Right now he is clean and not aggressive at all.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Wow, that fish is very nice! It has a lot of 'goldrim' in it. I too would have preferred one like yours but I have never seen one with such strong goldrim influence. I'm not surprised yours has survived, I find them very hardy, much more hardy than either powder blue or goldrim. Mine was infected with ich of course and took copper QT very well. I wonder if these hybrids are a more robust, relaxed version of the two parent species.. Always eager to eat. Mine is not aggressive either, only flares fins.

Latest posts