Paypal Refund - Friends and Family

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Anyone ever refunded a friends and family payment by PayPal? I think I made a mistake in clicking refund rather than just sending the funds back to the buyer. Its been 24 hours and still hasn't posted. Has anyone experienced this before, and if so how long did it take to post?

deaclauderdale

Addicted Reefer
My Tank Build
Sorry Matt you've got me there. Don't think that any refund via PayPal should take more than 48hrs to post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Never knew you could do a refund for friends and family
It had the option under the payment to refund. I think the receiving party can refund the money but as the sender you take all the risk using F&F in PayPal as you can't dispute it like you could a purchase.

Sorry Matt you've got me there. Don't think that any refund via PayPal should take more than 48hrs to post.

That's what I'm hoping for. What has me second guessing if it went through is the fact the funds haven't left my PayPal account yet.

deaclauderdale

Addicted Reefer
My Tank Build
It had the option under the payment to refund. I think the receiving party can refund the money but as the sender you take all the risk using F&F in PayPal as you can't dispute it like you could a purchase.

That's what I'm hoping for. What has me second guessing if it went through is the fact the funds haven't left my PayPal account yet.
The other individual may have to 'accept' them before the funds leave your account. Had something similar happen to me not to long ago.

newe70

2020 Philanthropist
Hey Matt...have you contacted PayPal? If let say still not posted after two days. You can try the resolution center by file a case.

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
Also on the website, look for classic site. It should allow you to see pending transactions

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Latest posts