need some advice with equipment. Po4 n No4

So I been thinking of a natural way of dealing with my nutrients like Po4 and No4. I have two things in mind. One is a cheato reactor and the other is a algae scrubber. I run GFO n pellets at the moment. I would like some input on the pros and cons of each set up. How would I go about it. Like can I swap out or do I need to start either scrubber or reactor n after it's growing remove gfo n pellets? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beta110

Premium Member
Supporter
So I been thinking of a natural way of dealing with my nutrients like Po4 and No4. I have two things in mind. One is a cheato reactor and the other is a algae scrubber. I run GFO n pellets at the moment. I would like some input on the pros and cons of each set up. How would I go about it. Like can I swap out or do I need to start either scrubber or reactor n after it's growing remove gfo n pellets? Thanks

I personally removed my Gfo reactor and even started turning off my skimmer for half the day after I installed my reactor with chaeto.

ivan

Featured Reef
i don't know why or how you check for NO4 (peroxynitrate)!!!
Most reefers check No3 :)

I personally removed my Gfo reactor and even started turning off my skimmer for half the day after I installed my reactor with chaeto.

So I can just take out my GFO n replace it with cheato n it would be fine? How much chaeto would you recommend?

beta110

Premium Member
Supporter
So I can just take out my GFO n replace it with cheato n it would be fine? How much chaeto would you recommend?

I use this because my sump doesn't have enough space for a quality fuge..

I use this because my sump doesn't have enough space for a quality fuge..

Nice I'm tiered of gfo n want a natural way. I'm gonna try n get chaeto n use this method. Thanks

Latest posts