Old School Test Kit Strips

Does anyone still use these? I remember using them when I started the hobby, but rarely see them used anymore. I recall a few people telling me they were somewhat accurate, or accurate enough, to give you a general/vague idea of nitrates, etc. in your tank. Any thoughts on these? I know there's way more sophisticated test kits around now, but heck, I'm a lazy reefer. ;[

Test strips are still good (if you can find them) if all you need to do is check a wider range if parameters quickly.

You do need to check 2 or 3 against a better test as a baseline, but once you know that your batch is accurate, they are worth having for a daily check, or as a supplement against your more detailed tests.

Which test strips are good for SW? I DON'T KNOW! i have not found them. But this post reminds me that I wanted to get a couple.

Looks like reviewers say these will work on SW.

Tetra 19543 EasyStrips 6-in-1 Test Strips, 100-Count https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0053PQWEU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_qmTqzb2Q9PMBK

As said before. They need to be tested against a more accurate test at a ratio of at least 3:1 until you know where their balance is, but this will at least give you an idea of why coral growth might be slowing, or why your fish might be pissed off at eachother.

Looks like reviewers say these will work on SW.

Tetra 19543 EasyStrips 6-in-1 Test Strips, 100-Count https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0053PQWEU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_qmTqzb2Q9PMBK

As said before. They need to be tested against a more accurate test at a ratio of at least 3:1 until you know where their balance is, but this will at least give you an idea of why coral growth might be slowing, or why your fish might be pissed off at eachother.
Those are the ones I've used in the past, don't recall if I compared them to another test or not though. Not so good for low range but gives you an idea anyway.