my fish ate glue help!

So the other day my trigger ate glue and its still stuck in its mouth. I was wondering if anyone knows a good way to get it out. all suggestions welcomed or else he's a goner. Thanks.

So the other day my trigger ate glue and its still stuck in its mouth. I was wondering if anyone knows a good way to get it out. all suggestions welcomed or else he's a goner. Thanks.
I read about this before and I alway keep my hand by the glue when it is curing because of it... I think the other person had to use a scalpel to carefully cut the glue. I would wait a few days before even considering this though.

I read about this before and I alway keep my hand by the glue when it is curing because of it... I think the other person had to use a scalpel to carefully cut the glue. I would wait a few days before even considering this though.
It's been a few days he's going to starve to death if I don't do anything soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been a few days he's going to starve to death if I don't do anything soon

After reading a few threads on reef2reef, the glue should just come off on its own after a couple of days. They can survive about a week without eating, as long as he was healthy before. I would just watch closely.

After reading a few threads on reef2reef, the glue should just come off on its own after a couple of days. They can survive about a week without eating, as long as he was healthy before. I would just watch closely.
Thanks for the reply bud, the glue is inside his mouth He swallowed a blob and didn't spit it out now it's cured it's been about 5 days I'd figure I'd leave him be and hopefully he would be able to spit it out on his own but it doesn't seem like he can so I guess the only thing I can do is try to catch him and hopefully be able to pull it out.

Thanks for the reply bud, the glue is inside his mouth He swallowed a blob and didn't spit it out now it's cured it's been about 5 days I'd figure I'd leave him be and hopefully he would be able to spit it out on his own but it doesn't seem like he can so I guess the only thing I can do is try to catch him and hopefully be able to pull it out.

How is he acting? Is the glue completely occluding his oral cavity?

ivan

Featured Reef
My blue tank did the same but most of the glue where on he's teeth I didnt do anything he slowly got off him with in couple of days by rubbing him self against the rocks.
He's fine now

Catch him

Go to walmart and buy some dental tools, and scrape it out of hs mouth.
I would not personally do this, but it seems like the only alternative youbhave got.

Latest posts