100 gallons Acros tank

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
It's getting boring when my 45 gallons packed (and also do the other 2 frags tans). So I pick up a used 100 gallons SCA aquarium from my buddy!
100 gallons is way less than my dream size tank. But I'm living in a manufacturer house and the floor can't handle bigger size so 100 gallons it is for now.

Equipment rundown:
Tank: SCA 100 gallons 48x24x20
Sump: AA 36x36x36
Skimmer : Bubble magus NAC9
Light: Radions G4 pro

I still haven't decided on the others equipments yet.

First thing first, the floor need some reinforcement. Getting it done by my reef buddy.

Pick the tank up: (isn't it overkilled?)

Getting it unloaded by my local Asian skinny gangs!

timb000

Supporter
Great start V! Can't wait to see what you have planned for this build. Are you planning to transfer the livestock in your 45g to the 100g or start over? :rockon:

Hey Mr. V, let me know if you need fat Asian guy I can help.. lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Huy

Good luck on your build! Not that you'll need it after seeing your current tank lol.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
Great start V! Can't wait to see what you have planned for this build. Are you planning to transfer the livestock in your 45g to the 100g or start over? :rockon:
It will be a separate system in my living room.
Question: should I buy another apex or should I buy long cable and pm1 module, eb8.... and use 1 apex for 2 system? Kind of far from my bedroom to my living room though.
So far On my old system, ALL I need from APEX is just control the temp.
Or should I buy the apex Jr? Any advises are welcome!

This build will be of course all SPS. Only some of my favorite pieces will be transferred into this tank.

Playing with the rock scape today. I always keep in mind that the rock scape need to be open enough for fishes to swim and also provide maximum space for frags. ( I have more than 40 acro colonies in my 45 gallons, let see how many acros I can stuff in this tank.).
I feel like the hanging reef, bonsai structure will be the one satisfied both requirements.

40lbs of Pukani rock. For sure it will not enough.

First time using this cement.

My thought? Dry supper fast, and super hard to use.
However when it dries, it hard...like the rock itself.

This is just the back bone. Some tonga will added to make it look more natural and maximize space for frags.
Don't worry, i will cover the cement and putty with rubble rocks.

.....to be continue

Last edited:

reefsUP

Question: should I buy another apex or should I buy long cable and pm1 module, eb8.... and use 1 apex for 2 system? Kind of far from my bedroom to my living room though.

This build will be of course all SPS. Only some of my favorite pieces will be transferred into this tank.

Playing with the rock scape today. I always keep in mind that the rock scape need to be open enough for fishes to swim and also provide maximum space for frags. ( I have more than 40 acro colonies in my 45 gallons, let see how many acros I can stuff in this tank.).
I feel like the hanging reef, bonsai structure will be the one satisfied both requirements.

This is just the back bone. Some tonga will added to make it look more natural and maximize space for frags.

.....to be continue

That's going to look awesome with corals all over it

Huy

.....to be continue
If all you need is temp control then look into the inkbird temp controller on amazon. I have it on my tank and it controls my heater and fans.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
....the left structure basically finished.

Working on the right side structure.

It not a final form yet. I still need to make an over hang shape similar to the left side.

....to be continued...

Jimbo327

Super Aquascaper! Dang, I know who to call if I get a new tank and need help with rockscape. The bridge on the left side looks like it is defying gravity. Crazy good look though. And does the egg crate stay or is that only for now?

Dang! That scape looks awesome!! Can't wait to see what the whole thing looks like complete. Where do we sign up to have one made like that lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
The backbone is basically done. (Finger cross)
Only need some retouching to make the structures more stable and more natural.

Super Aquascaper! Dang, I know who to call if I get a new tank and need help with rockscape. The bridge on the left side looks like it is defying gravity. Crazy good look though. And does the egg crate stay or is that only for now?
The eggcrates stay, but will not visible under the sand bed.

Last edited: