100 gallons Acros tank

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
I said I stock the tank 2 months ago. Well, I lie.
I had a huge algae outbreak right after that post. Phosphate must leak out from the rock. I didn't cure them before put in the tank. Indeed, I didn't even wash them!
Anyway, the algae are gone (almost) so I decide to put some frags in to see how they do in the new tank.
Walt Disney change its color to green (my wd colony doesn't have any green. The frag was pink when I put it in) and doesn't have full polyps extension. I can tell that it's not happy!

"No named" yellow tenuis. It's green now, but it suppose to be...yellow.
This one is doing good. Polyps fully out.

"No name" acro comes from Coralnerd yesterday.

This time, I try not to glue acros on the rock work.

Beside that, I am having a green slime algae problem. They are all over the rock-work and sand bed.

Any idea best way to get rid of them???

Fishes: I am not proud. In fact, I killed almost the whole tank population due to some diseases. They had something like bacteria infection and dead. Every time I add a new fish (anthias, wrasses,...), they have the same symptom and gone in 2~3 days!

I am thinking of getting a uv light. Anyone can recommend me on this? I've never have one before.
Only 4 fishes left, but luckily they are doing very good. Healthy and no sign of disease on them.

joseserrano

2020 Contributor
Interesting. I got a Yellow Tenuis as well, it went green a few weeks into having it. Has yet to go back to yellow, but doing very well.

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Sorry to hear about the fish V, I know how frustrating that can be.

Have you tried adding any bottled beneficial bacteria? Looks like green cyanobacteria to me, not dinos, maybe you can help out compete it with some bacteria. Maybe extend your light cycle on the fuge too?

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter

Been 2 weeks since I add the first corals, all doing good so I decide to add another pack.
Most of them are new pieces I recently acquired so forgive me if the color are not dialed in!
Other corals are from my 45 gallons system, I don't need to tell, you will recognize them...by the color and sizes. ?

Old school Ora Pearlberry

Bc Battle juice

Rr Angry Bird

Rr Pink Floyd : [MENTION=7067]Smite[/MENTION] this is the one branch that survive when the colony die.

Asd Doomsday

No name. (Please help me identify it if you see it familiar! Thanks)

Rr Pink cadillac

Sc Orange passion

Rr Lady in Pink

Asd Strawberry wine

Yellow acro, no name (Please help me identify it if you see it familiar! Thanks)

Used to be no name, but now it is MrV's Biohazard!

Rr Rainbow Blossom

Rr the Vinh

Asd sweet tort

Rr Pretty in Pink.

Enjoy the night view!!!

Last edited:

five.five-six

2020 Philanthropist
I said I stock the tank 2 months ago. Well, I lie.
I had a huge algae outbreak right after that post. Phosphate must leak out from the rock. I didn't cure them before put in the tank. Indeed, I didn't even wash them!
No, that

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Looking great V! I'm glad a decent sized branch survives of the PF, it'll be a beautiful colony again. Looks like it's getting red back in the polyps. Looking forward to seeing that angry bird mature.

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
And good news, WD is happy again. Polyps are out!!!???

Looking great V! I'm glad a decent sized branch survives of the PF, it'll be a beautiful colony again. Looks like it's getting red back in the polyps. Looking forward to seeing that angry bird mature.
It actually a one small branch that grow back to multibranches!
Red polyps coming back but It still need a lot of baking to get the yellow back!

In a few more months ur 100g will be super beautiful tank, bud! Keep up with the great job!
I wish,.....

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
Major change: remove the sand bed!
Well, I am kind of perfectionist, (or maybe OCD ), and it bug me a lot when the sand bed is not even. (Sand shifting)
I removed most of it with 15 gallons water change yesterday. The rest will be removed eventually in a next couple water change.

Also, I treat the cyano with Chemiclean. Works perfectly. After 48 hours, cyano just flying around in the water columns.
The tank is clean with crystal clear water!

One more thing I notice recently is snails. I think my astral snails are breeding. There are a lot of baby snails in different sizes, but they are all over the tank.

...hang tight, stick pics coming soon...

Last edited:

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with family and friends.

Meanwhile, let

Last edited:

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
Another no-named acro. The color on this on just...weird. The blue is not normal blue, the polyps are also have weird coloration. Very interesting acro indeed.

Wd is doing quite good.

Beside that, the old acro growing and coloring up amazing. Note that no traces or additives added on this tank. Just calcium reactor.

10/28

11/18

10/28

11/18 still not fully yellow, but there

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with family and friends.

Meanwhile, let

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving as well V.

Sticks are looking good. Is that powder blue tang keeping those rocks that clean?!

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
Some major updates on the tank:
- Calrx is gone, replacing it is APEX DOS with ESV 2 parts.
- sand is gone. High flow in sandbed doesnt mix well together. Every decision come with a cost. I lost the rr pretty in pink mini colony and the inner core after I remove the sand.

Colorations on this tank is not spot on but the grow rate is tremendous.
Some comparisons:
10/28

01/03

11/18

01/03

10/28

01/03

10/28

10/03

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
Some of the new additions, some of of them are signature acros, but mostly no name. But they are all cool and unique corals.

No named. This one has very nice pink tips. Loved at first sight!

CK pink panther: orange with red polyps

Rr wolverines, excuse me for the frag size! I am broke.

When this baby grown, its will be crazy tenuis! Very light pink with yellow rings.

Wwc W.T.F : lost the yellow tips when I transferred to this tank.

Vivid snap dragon starts showing some potential!

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
CK Harvey Wall Banger, I know I know, I already sent words to CK, such a funny name! but super-duper-hyper cool mili. I dont like mili much, but look at the red! I havent never seen a mili that red!

And placed next to it is my beloved blue mili.

Blue acro with blue polyps:

And his brother, blue acro with blue polyps and yellow tips

...and his cousin, super-duper-hyper blue acro

Latest posts