Blackworms

Everything I have read says the blackworms drive all fish crazy but my clownfish will not take them. I want to fatten them up a bit. Everything in the tank goes crazy for them crabs, hermit crabs, corals, and even shrimps. Do I give them time. What do people feed to fatten clownfish a bit. They eat pellets but I heard blackworms help to speed breeding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Everything I have read says the blackworms drive all fish crazy but my clownfish will not take them. I want to fatten them up a bit. Everything in the tank goes crazy for them crabs, hermit crabs, corals, and even shrimps. Do I give them time. What do people feed to fatten clownfish a bit. They eat pellets but I heard blackworms help to speed breeding.

How old are the clown and how long you had them?

You dont need blackworms... everyone is looking for them but dont realize how hard it is to harvest. So many suppliers for them have come and gone over the years do to environmental challenges to farming them.

My best advice, read the Clownfish Breeder book... its the bible and tell you everything...

Increase light period
Increase specific nutrition and feedings
Maintain optimal quality
Keep Temp high to increase metabolism
Minimize space, the less room they swim and burn calories, more goes to reproduction

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
You dont need blackworms... everyone is looking for them but dont realize how hard it is to harvest. So many suppliers for them have come and gone over the years do to environmental challenges to farming them.

My best advice, read the Clownfish Breeder book... its the bible and tell you everything...

Increase light period
Maintain optimal quality
Minimize space, the less room they swim and burn calories, more goes to reproduction
This one?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

This one?

Thanks I will try to look for it on Amazon

Increase light period
Maintain optimal quality
I am not farming the black worms I am buy them at my local LFS and they are cheap so it's not worth doing all the work my self.

I have read a bunch of forum post on other forum and this post is very helpful thanks!!

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
They are about 9 months a little longer I had them for 9 months. They have grown some.

Females need about 2 years before they start laying eggs... males need to be 6 months. You still need some more time with em.

Females need about 2 years before they start laying eggs... males need to be 6 months. You still need some more time with em.

Oh okay I thought I read it only takes 1 year. Guess I do have time to let them be fish.

Latest posts