Hello! New to reefs here!

Hey everybody!
I have kept fresh-water tanks for the past 3-4 years, all with various levels of difficulty. I have done both planted, and non-planted. I have recently tore down all my freshwater tanks. I have decided I would like one final little project before I go to college. Anddd I decided on a nano reef tank. I'd like to keep it about as simplistic as I can.

My idea for this little tank is a standard 10 gallon. I would like to keep some easier corals, preferably photosynthetic corals that don't require extra feeding but I could still feed. I was thinking mostly zoas and mushrooms, any other ideas for corals? For livestock I want a pair of clown fish for this tank in addition to the cleaning crew.

I will now give you my shopping list. Any modifications or additions would be appreciated.

-current USA orbit or Kessel A80(which is better? Will these even work for my purposes?)
-aquaclear 30
-heater(undecided on which one)
-Hydor korilia 240gph
-Live sand
-Live and dry rock

Once I aquire all of these, I will buy saltwater from my LFS, then cycle the tank.
What should I do from here?
Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Yup, I have already watched that video! Does anybody have any words about that tank?
So pretty much after I have it set up, just somehow get ammonia in the water, let it do its thing then get some cleaners?
But my list looks good?

SantaMonicaHelp

Hey everybody!
I have kept fresh-water tanks for the past 3-4 years, all with various levels of difficulty. I have done both planted, and non-planted. I have recently tore down all my freshwater tanks. I have decided I would like one final little project before I go to college. Anddd I decided on a nano reef tank. I'd like to keep it about as simplistic as I can.

My idea for this little tank is a standard 10 gallon. I would like to keep some easier corals, preferably photosynthetic corals that don't require extra feeding but I could still feed. I was thinking mostly zoas and mushrooms, any other ideas for corals? For livestock I want a pair of clown fish for this tank in addition to the cleaning crew.

I will now give you my shopping list. Any modifications or additions would be appreciated.

-current USA orbit or Kessel A80(which is better? Will these even work for my purposes?)
-aquaclear 30
-heater(undecided on which one)
-Hydor korilia 240gph
-Live sand
-Live and dry rock

Once I aquire all of these, I will buy saltwater from my LFS, then cycle the tank.
What should I do from here?
Thanks!

Hi Aidan,

Welcome to forum:)
Looking great! How is the process going?

Zhenya