CJ's 85 Gallon Mixed Reef

LJC6780

Hey. I'm active in the reef community but new here.

I have recently acquired a full reef tank setup and am in love! I'll use this thread to document my reef keeping journey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LJC6780

Current equipment:
In tank:
Mp10
Maxspect gyre 130 w/ Icecap
Jebao wavemaker
2 kessil A360 tuna blue
Built in external weir/overflow

Under cabinet:
Trigger Emerald 36" sump
Mesh filter socks
Life reef internal Skimmer
Bubble sponge filter
Next reef MR1 Gfo reactor
Magnetic refugium light
Jebao DC return pump
Tunze 5017 ATO
Acrylic ATO reservoir
Apex controller
Apex WXM
Apex VDM
Apex PM2
Temp probe
Salinity probe
pH probe
2 EB8
1 EB4
Netgear wireless thingy (technical term!)

SantaMonicaHelp

Hey. I'm active in the reef community but new here.

I have recently acquired a full reef tank setup and am in love! I'll use this thread to document my reef keeping journey.

Hi Christi:)

Welcome to the forum:)
I hope you will like it!
Nice tank;) Do you have any future plans?

Zhenya

LJC6780

Hi Christi:)

Welcome to the forum:)
I hope you will like it!
Nice tank;) Do you have any future plans?

Zhenya
Thanks! Yes. I'm actually in a bit of a reset. Unfortunately I discovered monti eating nudis and have removed most of the montis to QT and am currently trying to rid those little buggers. I also believe my clown broke out in Ich so I've moved her to QT and as soon as I can borrow a fish trap I'll be moving the 6 line and coral beauty over as well. While in QT, they will all be prophylactically treated for ich and other parasites since I've also seen some stringy poop a few times. During this time I will be leaving the DT fallow and will be working to rid my montis of pests, rid a little bubble algae that has sprouted up and hopefully go ahead and add some new corals that are in the other QT tank at the moment. I also have 3 fish, 2 banggai cardinals and a lawnmower blenny in QT that were scheduled to be moved in about 1-2 weeks but now I believe I'll just add them in with the other fish and treat everyone at once.

Once everyone and the tank are healthy again, after about 3 months or so, I plan to finish the stock off with a tailspot blenny (maybe, currently rethinking this one) and a Kole tang.

That will put inhabitants at:
1 coral beauty angel
1 black Clownfish
1 6-line Wrasse (Wrassey)
1 Lawnmower Blenny (Benny)
2 Banggai Cardinals
*1 tailspot blenny
*1 Kole Tang
1 skunk cleaner shrimp (Filipe)
1 blood red fire shrimp (Turner)
1 Peppermint shrimp
1 fighting conch
2 Nassarius snails (currently in other tanks)
Random other snails, mostly astraea, a cerith and a few small limpets ...
a handful of hermit crabs
Tons of various corals, 1 rock flower anemone and a bivalve of some sort that is covered in zoas.
There are also various pods and mysid shrimp that come out at night and I've also seen several tiny striped stars hidden within or under corals.

And while new purchases have been quarantined, I've only had the new setup for about 2.5 months and didn't take the opportunity to dip all corals and QT/treat fish because I just assumed there were no issues. I should have been more observant or proactive. Lesson learned and from here on out EVERYTHING will be QT!

Latest posts