Algae scrubber advise

So I'm making my own algae scrubber n I'm using a 460 L/H pump was wondering if I can get away with out cementing my pvc. Would my pump pressure cause leakage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would you not want to glue it? PVC is relatively cheap and, if you dont glue it together you run the risk of it popping at the worst time possible.

Why would you not want to glue it? PVC is relatively cheap and, if you dont glue it together you run the risk of it popping at the worst time possible.
Idk I guess cus I'm trying to get a good fit n worried that if I press go hard I'll pass my marked line n have to buy new pvc lol

Ok about to cement it hopefully it goes well. If I don't have sand paper can I rough it on the floor outside lol just a thought lol

My first mistake, I cut the slip on the pvc before I cemented. I did every possible marking to get mesh right down the middle. I started to assemble everything n I failed at getting it right down the middle when I cemented pvc together. So I re did the scrubber which cost me $8 and assembled another one n made the cut down the middle after I cemented all the pieces. I'm happy with it so far the scrubber. It's for a cadlight man 42G total of 56g. Sump on this tank is it meant to have a refugime. Middle baffle is narrow n could only put rubble in the middle.

It's coming along good so far. No leaks started slow due to a compact bulb I was using. I ordered a 24watt led grow bulb n it growing fast. i took some of the harvest n placed it in a bottle n notice a ton of pods swimming in there. The light is overkill n just found a double light on a clip so I can do both side. So waiting on pay day.

Latest posts