250 W Ballast and Lumenarc IIIs

I'm planning on getting a dual 250 W Ballast and it's a magnetic ballast what is the difference between magnetic or electronic? Pros/Cons. Does one save energy over the other? Which type do you recommend.

I also just picked up some Lumenarc III reflectors at CFC Midnight sale couple nights ago but was wondering if i can convert it to a DE 250W bulb. It came with a SE 400W mogul? Since i see on like MD or Hellolights say you can run 250W/400W on the Lumenarc III stealth, but I got just the Lumenarc 3 reflector. The regular one has only SE 250W moguls. So it looks like i need a little DIY to convert, maybe? Please let me know what you guys think and how I should tackle this.

Thanks yall,
Will

d34532

Hi Will,

So that was you that picked up those reflectors. As for the electric and Mag ballast. I believe its the electronic use less energy and the mag burns bulb the brighter. I only remember this from about 2 or 3 years ago that a friend told me. This info might not be true anymore with the new ballast or the old info.

I think the mogul doesn't have rating on it since I have 175 and 400w mh and they don't state it and they look exactly the same except they are wired to fit into different quick change since the ballast are from different maker.

mchava

hey there good choice on the reflectors. As far as the ballast goes, its true a mag ballast with burn bulbs wither then a electronic but will also use more electricity doing it. Now with the new electronic ballast like the SLS galaxy its different. I replaced all my mag ballast with this ballast for two reasons. 1: it uses less energy then the mag ballast. 2: It will actualy come really close to the mag ballast by 5-10% as far as brightness. Oh and reason number 3, your bulbs will last longer.

Latest posts