Got a new tank I need to Polish it.

CrisCas

Hey guys, recently picked up a IM Nuvo concept Aquarium on offer up for $40 and ut was to good to pass up. My only issue with it is it has some scratches on the outside from the way they stored it. Now my question is Does anyone know where I can Take it to be done. I'd DIY it myself but I'm to scared to do it as I did this on my old car and left holograms/hazziness on it. Let me know guys, or if any of you could help me, I'd greatly appreciate it. I live in the SGV area.

I'll be posting shortly once I start getting everything together to start my first Saltwater tank, as my girlfriend is converting her saltwater to freshwater and will be giving me her equipment to run on this tank. :dance3:

Also sorry if I posted in the wrong section, Its my first reef forum I join :sorry:

I've attached some pics of the scratches!

Attachments

Scratches on the outside are going to be tough. On the inside when the water fills up it will take care of any haze. On the outside you are going to have to do an artists job to make it tolerable. Use progressively finer polishing compounds if you must and the scratches aren't too deep. But overall, the scratches might be preferable to the haziness.

How long did it take you to do that? Was it all by hand?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
That took me only couple hours with the buffing machine from Home Depot. I used the bottle #3 first to remove heavy scratches, then bottle #2 for minor scratches and left the chemical there over night. Next day, I just cleaned all the residue and used bottle #1 to polish everything then rinse the tank with water.

Trung

Latest posts