update on nirates

djrice69

SocaliReef M0DERAT0R IG Farmedfrags
Staff member
2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
so what did you do to save it? I'd like to know

b_shady

Yea he does he said he was going to install a sump by no later than friday. Im sure it was his media in his canister filter he said it was 5-6 months old.

djrice69

SocaliReef M0DERAT0R IG Farmedfrags
Staff member
2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
I seen a few reef setup running on canister filters. It just has all of filter floss and foam padding gutted. And replaced with LR

here what i did i too all my media out ran bare bottom 1st mistake was i ran to big of media and knew it was a problem to lazy to fix it then i did 40% water change that was alot of trips to the water store and ran it for a day then did a 20% water change which brought it down to around 15ppm so that night i put a product in called amquel plus about 1oz you could use this stuff only but it only drops nirates 1.7 ppm a day long time lots of money 2 4oz bottle 5.99 bout 1oz cover sixty gallons well you do the math 40ppms minus 1.7 a day at 1oz a day 4oz in a bottle you would need 10 bottles over 20 days everthing in your tank would be died so on the third day i went to pet club the closes fish store to me on brandons advice you got to realize brandon was there in my time off need so he know alot that went down but anyways he told me to get a nirate pad to but in my rena filstar and the **** in my filter was getting old so i went and bought this stuff called chemi pure which for 60 gallons are more you need more than one bottle i paid 10.99 per bottle probaly could of gotten cheaper somewhere else but when your getting togther a 1 years birthday party for this weekend you dont have alot of time anyways i will have a sump this weekend with hopefully brandons help i had to order a part for my tank and it came into today so that why i dont have one but anyways the 3rd monring it measured at 10ppms and after i put in the stuff that night it was at zero i checked it three time to make sure i also run marco algea in my tank also thats what happened and what i did if there any questions feel free to ask

Latest posts